Christian Friends, Urgent Guidance Needed.

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by GeetaKashyap, Jan 26, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi

I am writing a story where my protagonists are Christians. I want your urgent help in correcting some facts and the typical lingo used by the community. This is urgent, ie within 2 days, I want the corrections and inputs.

The gist of the story: An unhappily married couple separate after a bitter quarrel. He goes away and dies tragically in due course of time. She gets to know about it after a fortnight. She now wants to pray for him and also confess, the traditional/routine confession of some underlying guilt.

Some lines that need your clearance/help-

1. “One fine day, when she went for the traditional confession, Father had advised Nancy to marry and be a good wife. He had explained to her that marriage is a state instituted and ordained by God for the lifelong relationship and as a good Christian it was her duty to accept it as a gift from God, and a sacred institution.(Got these lines from the net) He had also convinced her that she needed a man to take care of her and her property in her old age.”

2. “…she dialled the church office to arrange for a special prayer meeting and confession.”

My problem is more with the second line which is also the closing line of the story. My protagonist wants to offer a prayer for her departed husband and unburden some of her remote guilt by confessing. Who is she supposed to approach for this- the Church office or the Father directly? What is the exact terminology- Is 'special prayer meeting' okay or is there any proper term? I read that for confessing one needs to fix an appointment. is that right?

Please correct me. Thanks.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame