1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing a Sewing Machine - Embroidery / Normal

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Mallika29, Oct 15, 2007.

1. laxme

laxme New IL'ite

Re: Usha Allure or Singer 8280???

Hi Hanshika
    How is your singer Talent 3321? would you recommend this? I am planning to buy this one. You can give some idea. I hope you are using this for the past three years
    Thanks
    Laxme

2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear laxmi,

I bought a singer fashion maker around 2003 and started using it. More than I used it I took long time to repairing and servicing. After that I lost interest and didn't use for around 4 years and also didn't get much time with baby around. Again in 2010 I spent around 1500 for servicing and another 1200 for the presser foot. Since it has all plastic part inside it was so brittle, when I started again all parts were just breaking. Couldn't even stitch for 10 min. I got very upset. When I looked for other later models in exchange of this at singer showroom in mount road they said what I had was a flop model and later would be good. They were clever enough to not to tell when I gave this machine for servicing.

Then I went to Usha, read so many reviews then I bought Usha janome stitch magic with threader (finding this feature much useful). Got so many options of embroidery stitches with manual and a demo cd. It also has twin needle options (yet to try this). I am finding it very satisfied. Only the bulb was fused and not able to get original imported one even in the showroom. This is only a table top (portable) model with presser foot. Can't use it without current.

So do your research and then decide.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  3. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

I am using Singer 8280 from past 6 years to be honest till now I have not changed anything except the bulb which was easily available for 60 rs. I love my machine have done so much that I can say its complete paisa vasool :)

4. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Hi Laxme
    I got my machine in Jan 2011. Didn't touch it for the next three months. after that joined a sewing class and started sewing chudidars, saree petticoats, nighties etc. stitched a little pyjamas for my son also. :)
    my cousin has the usha janome sewing machine. we both got them around the same time. while she broke all her sewing needles and had to buy, had to get it repaired once. mine is still strong going with the needle given on the machine at the time of buing. no needle breakage for me. i do pico also on it. i strongly suggest you go with Singer Talent 3321. This is my honest opinion its you who has to chose. The only good thing i like about usha janome is that its a little bit more silent than my machine.
    Hansika

5. laxme

laxme New IL'ite

Hi Hansika, Manjukps and Pranatim

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

I saw USHA, Singer, Brother and Bernina models here. Since I was not sure about the service of Brother and Bernina models, thought of going for Singer or USHA. I liked both 8280 and 3321. I have to decide.

6. renic

renic New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a singer sewing machine. Am not able to decide between the Singer Inspiration 4210 and Singer Talent 3321.Can anyone please tell me which of these two is good as I'm seeing mixed reviews
    on the Internet.
    Regards,
    Reni.

7. sanjov

sanjov Bronze IL'ite

I have singer 8280 bought in Bangalore. I am a beginner sewing so it works well for me. I have not had any problems.

8. mahiramki

mahiramki Gold IL'ite

Re: Embroidery sewing machine

hi artvani
    i bought a usha wonder stitch recently but did not get a demo dvd and dont understand what is this built in cam?
    can you please tell me ?
    what are the attachments you get with wonder stitch?
    thanks in advance

9. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Re: Embroidery sewing machine

Whats the price of Singer 8280 and 3321 (and when you purchased it). I am planning to buy one next month.

10. princyjoseph

princyjoseph New IL'ite

Hi artvani mam,
    I am planned to buy Janome machine.Is it have peacock stitch?????