1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing a Sewing Machine - Embroidery / Normal

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Mallika29, Oct 15, 2007.

1. rashi_gemini2

rashi_gemini2 New IL'ite

Usha vs Singer

Hi,

There are posts about which machine to buy and the main contenders are Usha and Singer. After reading the reviews I think the quality is more or less same...but Singer machines are lot costlier than Usha - is it only brand they are charging for? I thought of shelling about 3-4K for sewing machine as I have not learnt stiching, but have seen my mother stich since childhood, so have a feeling that I can go ahead with cushion covers and curtains at least.
    How is Usha allure (Rs 6600 with motor, imported, no need for oil) vs Usha Design Master (Rs 6000, hand operated, needs oil maintenance) vs any other Singer m/c of similar cost.
    Please help as I wish to start with my new found hobby :)

2. akilaakka

akilaakka Senior IL'ite

Re:hand tailoring machine

Ladies,

I would like to get one hand tailoring machine.
    Does anyone know where to get hand tailoring machine in India?
    how much it cost?

3. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Re: Usha vs Singer

Hi rashi,
    Why don't you check out the shopper's stop forum, where a lengthy discussion on the same topic has been done. If you still have any doubts you may feel free to ask.
    vidya

4. mdunew2002

mdunew2002 Guest

Sewing Machine Purchase

Hi
    Good day to everyone!
    I want to buy a sewing machine for small embroidery and household stitches. I saw the demo of Singer Inspiration (4228 ) and Usha Stitch Magic. Can anyone give a review of the product / give suggestions to choose a machine??
    Thanks in advance
    Meera

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  5. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Re: Sewing / Tailoring / Stitching :portable sewing machine

hi

If your from Andhra Pradesh, you can get them in Hyderabad , in any sewing machine shops.If you are familiar with hyderabad, you can get them in Ameerpet,shops which are near to Gurudwar.The machine will cost around 350Rs - 450 Rs.

Bye

6. kushal

kushal Senior IL'ite

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Embroidery with Sewing Machine

is it possible to embroidrey on normal sewing machine? if any body there to answer my question. if s how it is posible.

7. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Embroidery with Sewing Machine

Certainly,you can do it. 50 years back I had learnt Machine embroidery in Usha. sewing machine.We have to change the throat plate, remove the pressure foot.Upper thread tension should be loosened.frame should be moved with both the hands.there will be a circus between hands legs and .eyes.Have fun!

8. lakshu

lakshu New IL'ite

Embroidery sewing machine

Dear friends,
    I am having Fashion maker sewing machineDrowning. Which is not working, I can't do even straight stitch. Mechanic told that this type machines are waste, this will not do any embroidery, everything showing in advertsmt is marketing tricksbonk. I repaired twice, even then it is not working. my hub is telling me to dispose it. :idea

bye

9. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: Embroidery sewing machine

I am using Usha Janome - Wonder stitch. It is very good.we get certain type of pre set stitches. to do machine embroidery we have to learn.In an ordinary Usha machine I was doing embroidery.I had Rotomatic .It was hopless.I sold it off and porchased this machine.

10. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Re: Embroidery sewing machine

Hi Lakshu (using your username),

Which make is your fashion maker? Generally, fashion maker sewing machines come with pre set stitches. I have a Singer fashion maker (imported model). Earlier I had the Indian model with 21 stitches or so. I sold that and bought the imported model.

Cheers,
    Sunitha

1 person likes this.