1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing A Friend

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 7, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

How do people make friends? Do they see their education, their beauty, their simplicity ,their love etc. etc.
    Building healthy friendships is an important part of your social life. Your friends can have a major influence on how you think, feel, and behave.[1] You should look for friends that have good qualities and seek out new friends that are positive and supportive. You should also try to avoid negative friends so you can maintain a healthy, active social life.

We all have friends. Some people go for looks, some for their beauty and some want love . I always had good friends , some very close since my school days. During school days I had a best friend who was very rich but a down to earth person. Till today we are friends . When we became friends in 1957 we were not financially well off but she did not see my finances but became good friend. Not only she her whole family gave me love and affection though they were rich.

During my working days also I had good friends. Some not so close and some werevery close. Even those who were in officer post became my good friend and some close too. One ofthem was a Manager and till today we are good friends. She respects me a lot and very simple and down to earth person. We are staying in Mulund. When we were working whenever any gettogether was there she used to drop me home in her car. Yesterday after along time she came home as she had come to attend a function. So sweet of her to come and spend sometime with me.

More than my age friendI have friends who are younger to me and they respect me and give love and affection. Some see if they are educated, if they are in the same position like them then only make friends.

Never choose a friend without complete understanding and , Never Lose a friend because of a small misunderstanding …..
    ———
    Friendship is such a relationship which we should definitely choose carefully because we reveal our character not only by the company we keep but also by the company we avoid. And once we choose a friend , the relationship should stand all the storms based on the foundation of Trust. Trust till the very end. Either you will end up with a very good lesson or a very good Friend…. Happy Friendship…

It is not important to have long friend list on facebook and whatsapp .
    But it is important to have at least one friend who can read your face as a book and ask “What’s up”

2. Cielo

Cielo Bronze IL'ite

Well conveyed :clap2:- I feel friendship just happens like love. Don't know when and how it blooms. With some close friends, When we try to dissect deep to find out how it happened, most times, we never get an answer :thinking: But, I also feel it's got something to do with a certain way of thinking, some attribute or trait that compliments each other rather than great understanding or same tastes.

My philosophy - one who means good to me is my friend - if that scolding or anger could do something good to me - then yeh! you are my friend! Someone I can trust and just be myself rather than being conscious! well, I can go on this way -- but guess will call it day!!! :biggrin: Thank God, its Friday!

iyerviji, jskls, Mistt and 2 others like this.
  3. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

A Friend in need is a Friend Indeed

vaidehi71, iyerviji and anika987 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

so true...friendship has a chemistry just like love.We either connect or not.

Cielo and iyerviji like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

well put vijima!

iyerviji and kkrish like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread and glad to get your first feedback. Well said dear, I agree with you

Cielo likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true Anudear

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anika dear

anika987 likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good quote, Viji meri jaan.

My finest friends have for some reason been those who are not also family friends. And not mommy-friends (friendship with moms of kid's friends).

iyerviji likes this.
  10. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

We just go along in life... being very skeptical all-around, and have arms length transactions with many people. A few of them get closer. And closer. We had used several of our subliminal filters to get closer.
    Just like mummy-friends, husband's (or wife's) office friends don't make good friends either.

iyerviji likes this.