Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by shivani, Mar 1, 2006.
Pls suggest a good cholesterol diet plan.
1. Follow a Diet Low in Saturated Fat: All foods that contain fat are made up of a mixture of saturated and unsaturated fats. Saturated fat raises your blood cholesterol level more than anything else that you eat.The best way to reduce your blood cholesterol level is to choose foods low in saturated fat. One way to do this is by choosing foods such as fruit, vegetables, and whole grain foods naturally low in fat and high in starch and fiber.
2. Follow a Diet Low in Total Fat: Since many foods high in total fat are also high in saturated fat, eating foods low in total fat will help you eat less saturated fat. When you do eat fat, you should substitute unsaturated monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat for saturated fat. Examples of foods high in monounsaturated fat are olive and canola oils, those high in polyunsaturated fat include safflower, sunflower, corn, and soybean oils.
3. Follow a Diet with Plenty of Starch and Fiber: Foods high in starch and fiber are excellent substitutes for foods high in saturated fat. These foods - breads, cereals, pasta, grains, fruits, and vegetables - are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
4. Increase Your Exercise and Fitness
Hi Blood cholesterol level can be reduce by good cholesterol...
3. oilve oil mix 1table spoon with salad.
4. oats meal
Please try, it will work, take care god bless all...