1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chokers Of Contemporary Brides

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by Lalithambigai, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Any of you noticed the chokers worn by the brides in recent times? Anushka? Deepika? I felt they were all making a statement with those chokers even. There was a huge debate online about Anushka and Deepika's looking the same even. I have never thought of a choker myself but started thinking now. There's a friend who felt they were too heavy. What do you think? Should we consider? and if yes, any tips on picking the right one? Please pour in your thoughts and Yes, pics are more than welcome :)

2. Lalithambigai

Lemme get this started with Anushka and Deepika's. I think they both looked stunning on their Big day and though their chokers do seem similar they are not exactly the same IMHO. Wishing them both a Happy Wedded Life :)

deepika2.jpg

Amica, shravs3 and Ammu2886 like this.
  3. Lalithambigai

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My first reaction is "too much" when I see these pictures. But then, no one cares for my opinion : ) and sometimes I receive a call or used to before functions asking if I am coming dressed well and with good jewelry or do I need some. On to the brides...

They are so beautiful, and look even more so on the wedding day. Something a little understated, maybe better? And the chipko (sticky hair) look doesn't go well, IMO.

I actually thought Kangana's choker at Priyanka reception was nice:

chs.jpg

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Priyanka didn't wear a choker at her 4th and counting reception, but had one handy nonetheless. Tightly holding on to Nick's hand lest he run away. :hmmm:

pc.jpg

anika987 and Lalithambigai like this.
  6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

The chokers are pretty but very distracting I think. ( this coming from a Punjabi is surprising but that’s what I think ). Buy one and post pics .

Amica, Lalithambigai and kkrish like this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Way over the top, IMO. The one Deepika is wearing needs a swan-like neck to pull it off. If you like to experiment I would get some costume jewelry to see how you feel wearing it. I like Tara Jewellery in Chennai for such pieces. They mostly sell through their Facebook page.

Lalithambigai and kkrish like this.
  8. Lalithambigai

First time I see the one worn by Kangana to Nickyanka's reception. Does look good and not too bold I should say :thumbsup:

I had that "too much" feeling when I first read the jewelry estimates for Shloka's pre-wedding that said Isha's would be worth 14 - 15 Crores and Nita 3 - 4 Crores while Shloka's only 2 - 3 Crores :facepalm: Bade bade log, badi badi baatein!

Was so busy with the jewellery and sarees that I totally missed the hair. Now that you mention I tend to agree :hmmm:

9. Lalithambigai

Thanks! Will surely post if end up buying one :)

Amica likes this.
  10. Lalithambigai

Thank you so much for the lead. Will definitely check it out and I like the idea of checking it out first before committing.