1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Choice(s)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Afresh, May 7, 2019.

1. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Doesn't this/these decisions reflect their identities and value system of arrogance and humility respectively.
    Here I am not trying to pointout any worng or right but just that decision was theirs for those values, which they truly embodied and reflected.

I think, being true to their own value system, with their respective choices, explains the below lines

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Agree Mam, as @Srama also said, maybe what we learn or have to learn is 'acceptance' :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Afresh
    I was happy to see your snippet.
    I chose to take my time relishing the style and the way you have written it.

To answer your question regretting our major choices, on most of the occasions "Time" changed the way I looked at my decision.
    For example about ten years ago I felt I could have chosen another profession than the one i currently am in - this thought was driven more because of my younger self and superficially looking at the people in that position. Now, I am more than happy because I love the job I do and the company I work in and the people I work with. This is another best thing that happened to me.

Marriage - never regretted from day one. It was a lot of work but I never even once regretted the decision.

As I type the word "my decision", " my choice" I cringe. The reason is now I have come to a stage where, looking back I realize that none was "My" choice. Something powered me to make that choice. We can call it God, we can call it instinct, or we can call it something else, but I know that I had to go through all these in life.

That's why they say "samsaaram is a saagaram" - we need to swim the ocean to reach the other end.

Sorry if I have become too preachy. I blame your article title for it. :grinning:

4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

So so happy to read those lines :):cheer:
    Kshat Kshat Pranaam :worship2:to those lines! We just had to go through those sets of experiences in series as was destined!!

I am so honored to have received this feedback!:banana:
    As, i guage from the set of responses, here individually, more or less everyone has posted the same thing, that due to reasons of knowledge, circumstances or unknown , whenever choices were presented and one was picked out, those seem to be the best :)

Here, maybe this realisation stems from the fact that we can never turn the clock back and are better off making that acceptance
    or
    It means that, the responders have evolved to a level of understanding, wherein , we all realise that 'Choices' were only meant to be an illusionary obstacle/distraction on our paths and the real path remains the 'only' chosen one for us as individuals :rolleyes:

Eitherways, am so happy to be on this forum and interacting with the souls and brains of positive and angelic people!!

Thyagarajan, Rihana and kkrish like this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Afresh,

Thank you for Quite an interesting write up , one which activated my rusted mind and thoughts.
    Are we given choices before our birth in choosing our parents, our place of birth, or the financial status of the family we are born into. No, we never have any choice to make, until we reach our adulthood.
    Irrespective of whether we are born to a pauper or a prince, we should realise the very fact, that this life is temporary and we may very soon fade into oblivion. Though we are all puppets in the hands of powerful destiny, still we we can grab the opportunities that come in our way or go in search of them, learn from our experiences and make best of our life.

Agatha83

shyamala1234, Afresh and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats for being nominated. Awesome post narrated nicely. My choices in life were decided by God. Before marriage at least I had the privilege of fulfilling my choice but after marriage everything according to my husband's choice

Afresh likes this.
  7. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Thank you so so much for sharing your thoughts :)
    But i seriously have to disagree with you on ' rusted mind and thoughts' , and my disagreement supported by the recognition to your earlier last post of yours 'Thirty years of a relationship' ;)!!

Such a mature thought and hope our politicians also realise this :hollering:;
    But seriously, this kind of a thought does make it easier to fathom our experiences , either ways ! Thanks

8. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Thank you VijiMa @iyerviji

You have summed up in one line that i was trying to pose 'choices are decided by God'!! :thumbsup:

iyerviji likes this.
  9. dejohnspence

dejohnspence New IL'ite

I would probably end up making the same decisions because those were made as a consequence of my (limited?)now, looking back after many years, things seem different, but at that time , i was so sure of all my decisions. with whatever knowledge, understanding or perspective I had at that time, whatever i decided was based on what I knew at that time. even if that meant conforming to others view points.

10. dejohnspence

dejohnspence New IL'ite

TutuApp: Download TutuApp VIP for Android and iOS - TGW OnlineSBI - SBI Net Banking | SBI Online Banking | www.onlinesbi.com Aadhar Card Download - Download & Print e-Aadhar Card - uidai.gov.in