1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Chocolatey goodness !

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by mach108, Mar 4, 2006.

1. mach108

mach108 New IL'ite

Every one of us would love to chew chocolates, but afraid of the consequences ! Recent scientific studies make us cheer. Cocoa and chocolates contain flavanols that protect heart in several ways. This conclusion is drawn after reviewing 40 years of research.

Dark chocolates contain the most beneficial compounds and their consumption may help hearts to beat stronger - and longer too, lower BP, curtail inflammation, prevent blood clotting, increase 'good' cholesterol (HDL) and decrease bad cholesterol (LDL).
    While the news is sweet, limit your consumption upto 50g of dark chocolate/day. If you are diabetic, sorry, this information is not for you.

For more information, please peruse: www.cocoavia.com

2. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

That's a sweet news!

Hello Mrs. Manimekalai,

That's a sweet news indeed. Everytime I get tempted for choclates, I used to later regret why take it to add on unnecessary calories! But helping the heart is a real sweet news.

Thank you,

Rathi

3. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi manimekalai,
    thats a chocolaty news i think we can now eat chocolates (sensibly):tongue without any worry....
    luv
    pavithra

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  4. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Hello Mrs MANIMEKHALAI.
    Glad to see ur thread to day only.Till date I thought consumption of
    choclates will increase blood sugar and also a child's food as a hobby. but to day on looking to your post and also the web site u have given I could learn the value of choclate which I can use them in future without fear.
    Thank U very much
    Sd/nischel