1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

chocolate to india

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by chitu, Jan 22, 2012.

1. chitu

chitu Bronze IL'ite

hi il
    I hope u all have the experience of carrying chocolate from us to india..
    this is my first visit to india. I'm planning to take chocolates .. will it melt in my 24 hrs of journey .... Can u pls share your experience and tips to carry chocolate in flight
    how to pack the chocolates

:thankyou2: in advance

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Not at all, to me, put it in refrigerator until the day before and it wil be good and retain its shape. Dont forget to put it in the fridge as soon as you reach home there. Whatever the pack they are doing shd be more than sufficient. fyi, that day in pierre's bakery, they were saying that they pack pumpkin pies for our long journey!! So, not to worry and enjoy yr trip.

3. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Yes...no special packing required as such. I always get them in my check-in luggage with no extra packing..and usually it stays okay. I just put in the fridge once we reach home. its okay even after a 3-4 hr drive from the airport to our place.

4. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Nothing will happen like that don't worry.After reaching keep in fridge immediately.
    But wrap in inside the dress so that it won't get jammed when they through the luggage.

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi chitu,

keep the chocolate as the last one to pack while going from here and as soon as u reach india put it in the freezer. it won't lose its shape.

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I agree with all, except - dont put the chocolates in the fridge now, in US. If you put in fridge and take it out, due to temperature difference the chocs will melt easily. But you can have the chocs in the cupboards [thats how they sell in shops right, they dont sell from fridge???]. But once you reach India, put them in fridge asap.

No special packages are necessary.

3 people like this.
  7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Refrigerating chocolate here before you leave will be to make sure of its shape; or otherwise, have to put it in between dresses to maintain the shape like someone said if you want to keep it outside.

8. chitu

chitu Bronze IL'ite

thanks for the replies

one more question where can i buy chocolates in bulk and what brand is good

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

If yu are going after easter, then buy those big bunny shaped chocolates; my folks, both young and middle aged all loved it so much.

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi chitu,

hershey's nuggets, miniatures, kisses, ferrero rocher are the few chocolates that we take everytime to india. u get them in sams or costco in bulk. once we took lindt it was a great hit. also we take the hersheys almond bars. since it is easter time u will find bunny chocolates in sale.