Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Shobana, first thanks for pointing out that the recipe was incomplete. I have edited it.
    Second thanks for trying it. Methi & tomato make a delicious combo!:thumbsup

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear Chiths

Am back into action as school has reopened for Aarushi and its now lunch box packing time as well.Have been trying quite a few of your recipes this week but just got the time to give the fb now

Pavbhaji parathas - Very very tasty and as you had cautioned and mixed vegs were tuff to roll...so used your sunshine paratha method to roll it and thus it made things easier for packing in the box as well...

Vegetable khadi - It was a very different recipe,but aarushi liked calling it only avial.....

Coconut rice - Made a great combo with veg khadi and followed ur tip to the T.

Semiya bahalabath -this has become a standard dish in my house as its just all in one meal types with cucumber,pom and grapes !!!!!!!!

lov
    sowmi

3. Chitvish

Dear Sowmi,
    Sunshine paraha method is ideal for ANY stuffed parathas & easy too!!
    aarushi is correct - veg khadi taste is similar to aviyal minus coconut!~
    Be careful about sending coc rice in lunch dubba. It is so hot now & it should not get spoily!!
    Thanks.

4. Chitvish

Thanks, Anu!!
    Poosani is a very versatile vegetable! You can use it for sambar, morkuzambu, kootu, raitha, pulingari etc. It is a cleanser of our system & good too!!

5. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

helo mam,

today for night dinner i made khara bath with green peas and coconut chutney with onion. it was tasty i think i didnt cook the paste properly so there was a little raw smell of garlic but still we both liked it and when we eat with ghee on top the taste varies a lot. thanks mam for sharing such a wonderful recepie.

with love,
    latha.

6. Chitvish

Thanks, Latha.
    Sauting has to be done thoroughly for the raw smell to vanish.
    But its' OK since you enjoyed it!:thumbsup

7. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Chitramma,

I made Satpadhi Paratha after seeing your get-together post. It was amazing, and most importantly can have with just curds. Also made double corn pulao last week, just for myself and had with jain kadai paneer. Call it self -indulgence :) I have a doubt, in the method of sunshine parathas, my insides dont seem to get cooked properly. Also, the corners seem to be uncooked too :(, why is that? Please discount my roti skills, i am just a beginner in it!

Love,
    Arch

8. Chitvish

Yes, satpadi paraths need just curds or khatta-meeta pickles!!
    I would say self-indulgence is a virtue because you are not a "somberi"!!

These stuffed parathas do need oil to be poured to get cooked. Infact I use a tava slightly curved in centre so that all oil or what little I pour will "run" to the centre & cook.
    Try this. Just saute paratha on one side without oil & remove. It will be psrtially cooked. Keep filling on that side & stick with maida paste & mark with fork. Now cook on tava. I Have given this for one paratha - I don't remeber which one!!
    Oh, it is packet paratha:

Put on a dry tava & lightly cook one side.

Remove from tava & spread the filling on the coked side, leaving a border alround for folding, just to prevent filling from coming out.

Stick using maida paste.

It will cook quite well!! When I posted breakfast sundae, I remembered you bought a tall glass for such sundaes!:biggrin2:

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for such a detailed explanation! I will try this tonight with a dry curry. The maida paste trick will help, I think. My oats is getting over, because of this sundae idea. I will post a pic of my sundae sometime. Thanks again so so much!

Love,
    Arch

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dearest Chithramma,

I'm eternally grateful to you for these 2 in particular:)

1. as you know, Idli:)
    2. my latest entry into microwave cooking. thing is it's been a week since i cooked. the hot plate is still not working and i'm sick and tired of eating outside food. y'day we had a horrible indian food:( so i put aside unpacking, read the microwave thread thoroughly and zeroed in on
    keerai sundal and rasam. i had bought fresh veggies on saturday (today is public holiday here so no shops) thinking the hot plate will work. so i had fresh beetroot leaves. oh i can't tell you in words how divine the lunch was. i was doing manasara namaskarams to you all the while! i couldn't find sugar illena sweet-um panni iruppen!

internet-um, neengalum, IL-um... pleasant entries in my life:)

thank you many many times...