Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sakhi !

Dear Sakhi,
    Bangalore puli , I get through a friend (based in Chennai )from Bangalore.That will start in Jan. They are agents. I shall enquire & write to you more details this week. One can also buy the first quality in Nilgiri's.
    Neem flowers, sundakkai are all available in the famous Dabba Chetty Kadai ( country medicine shop) in Kutcheri Road, Mylapore.Ofcourse, sundakkai vatral is available in all departmental stores now.
    Sevai nazi is a must for authentic sevai & can you manage to do it on your own, wash, clean & dry it so that rust won't collect ? An interesting news - a lady has started small scale manufacture of original puzungarisi sevai employing a few ladies, with a special sevai maker machine etc. Everyday they sell lemon, pulikachal, coconut & plain sevai at 4.30 PM at various outlets spread over Chennai !They take bulk orders as well. So, Sakhi, Chennai has its own advantages ! There is no shortcut for sevai !
    Khandvi was posted today on your request.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Hello!

Hello Mrs Chitra,

Before u start wondering where i have disappeared, here i am to show my presence!
    I have tried ur vendakkai fry, Methi Rice -- both the soft and the kalandha sadam one! It came out very well, and like i earlier mentioned, i have now kind of become addicted to your recipies! Will try out more and let you know the feedback.

Once again thank you very much!

Purnima

3. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Wow ! Wow ! Wow !

KALAKKITTEENGA CHITRA !!!

Dear Chithra,
    What else can I say, the idlis I made y'day following your recipe/hints were the best I have ever prepared. Though I have to fine-tune my grinding time & add little lesser water, to get softer more rounded ones, next time. MY family, usually just swallow the idlis i make without even tasting/chewing & wait only for next day's dosai. But this time, even for dinner my daughter was asking for idli only !! I made your Pudina Chutney & Tifin Sambar to go with it, and soooooppper combo !
    Thanks a lot for letting this 'idli' cat out of your bag -- any more such delicious cats, please let them out for all of us ........
    Also thank you for the time taken for answering my queries, I appreciate it.
    Regards,
    K K .

4. Chitvish

Hello P2k !

Dear Purnima,
    Thanks for the feedback. I hope more feedbacks will be arriving regularly !
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Sooper feedbackunga !

Dear KK,
    It was the first feedback for idli ! I am glad you liked it.
    There are a few more unconventional cats sitting in my bag ! If I will let them all out in one stroke, how can I survive in I L ? As & when more feedbacks come, cats will also emerge one by one !!!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

More experiments.

Hi Mrs.Chithra,

For the last few days, have tried out a few. Here it is!!!

Starting with, cashew mysore pak..hmmm..very yum and it recollects T.nagar gomathi shankar's one particular sweet. Too bad, prepared with a cup and it was not at all sufficient for any of us??

And, milagu kuzhambu was really really great. Even, the next day, my hub was searching for the leftover though he drank on the first day the three fourth of the qty!! Same with garlic kuzhambu too, tried both of the varieties and they were really great. Irresistible, in one word.

Today, have prepared batter for mm dosa & aapam. For aapam, heard people ferment after adding eno salt, but you have mentioned to add just before making. Is that how it will be and what is the difference between these two? Can u pls explain??

Rgds.

7. Chitvish

Hello Ami !

Dear Ami,
    Thankyou for the feedbacks ! You are all making everyday a happy day for me !
    I still insist, I just give recipes, you are all trying them out perfectly !
    Many add soda, fruit salt the previous day itself. But I don't believe in that method. After the water in steamer starts boiling or when the aappam tava is kept on the stove, adding fruit salt gives much more porous dishes - you can try both for yourself !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Nandri!!

Thanks for the explanation..tonight, going to make aapam and revert back at you with the result though it is obvious.

Yes., night, prepared pesarattu and my hub., who is not a fan of whole moong also had 3 big pesarattus. Additionally, I sprouted the whole moong and made it. Good way to include sprouts in our diet. Hereafter, am going to make for sure once in a month!!

Rgds.

9. Chitvish

Hello Ami !

Dear Ami,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    After posting the recipe for aappam, I learnt to make it in the shape of a 6 petalled flower - it looks very beautiful. If you are all interested, I shall post the photo, so that you all can make it too !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

why not?

We are all blessed to have Gurus like you and yr daughter. But, pls do take yr time and get back to us.

Cant wait to surprise our folks and kids!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.