1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child's Voice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sindmani, Jul 10, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Ma , I am your daughter , you have given birth to me . I am a part of your blood, when I was in the womb, you sacrificed a lot for me. With your health deterioration too , you thought of my well being and ate for my sake. You always told my elder sister , she is going to have baby brother. You even asked the doctor about my gender , but it was not right to disclose baby's gender in our nation. You dreamt a lot that I will be a good son to you and dad and I will study well and become a big officer and help our family to get rid of poverty. Once I came out you were crying more than me , because I became your gender,a girl. I was shaken ma. How unhappy yourself and dad was , I can sense. Now you have put me in an orphanage , I don't know if I will get love and affection here. I am named Anne . I am one among 100s of orphans . But ma if I had known my fate of not being loved by parents before , I would not have born. But I am thankful to God I am alive and definitely I will become like Kalpana Chawla or PT . Usha one day ma. Bye bye.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Based on the true female infanticide incident with a different ending. Hope every child in the world gets a safe world to live in . my prayers for that.

Amica, teenulahari and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Aww that is such a touching writeup.

sindmani likes this.
  4. magnashri

magnashri Silver IL'ite

Very nice narration and a touching story

sindmani likes this.
  5. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

good narration. touching.

sindmani likes this.