Child's admission in Pre-KG/LKG

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Pras, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Pras

Pras New IL'ite

Hi,
    I need some clarification on joining my son in school. Please suggest.

My son will be 3 years in April this year. We were clear that he should go to Pre-KG in the year 2014-2015. The confusion started as some schools said he could join LKG in 2014-2015 as he will be 3.3 months in June.This is in Chennai.

Could you help us with your thoughts on this? Looks like am already late for the admission process for LKG but Pre-KG there are options.

Regards Prasad

2. Royce02

Royce02 Bronze IL'ite

Based on my personal experience my suggestion would be to admit your kid to pre-KG. My daughter was 3.4 in June where the school dint accept her and I put her in pre-KG that year and my son was 3.7 in June where the school accepted him where I dint wanted to send him that year as he was too young for that and when asked if i could admit him d next year they dint agree. So they both were admitted to school in a year's difference. I could see the change in their books, studies, and their behavior in class. I used to get very good feedback from my daughter's teacher wherein i would get only complaints from my son's. Also, I used to spend too much of time on him than her. It is not the school, it is the kid who has to study and undergo the pressure from the school. Schools should not be a nightmare for kids. Since ur kid ll be 3 in April he ll be onli be 3.2 in June which is really going to be very worst for u parents as well as him. Check out with the school if they ll accept him the next year where he can attend his pre-KG this year and get a very good kickstart for the coming years.

Very good luck for your li'l one...

3. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

I agree with what Royce has told. I have undergone the same scenario as you. My dd dob is in april. I have asked the school to admit her in pre-kg. But they have admitted her in lkg.

She is the youngest in her classroom. Since now she is undergoing Montessori syllabus, I couldn't find out the difference between my dd and her classmates. let me see once she has grown up.

4. Pras

Pras New IL'ite

Hi, Thanks for the detailed response.We really appreciate your input.

5. Pras

Pras New IL'ite

Hi, Thanks for sharing your personal experience.We too do not want any stress on the lil one. As it is life will get stressful in few years time :).Thanks.