1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Children , Our great teacher when it is about EGO

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by dipshikha, May 30, 2011.

1. dipshikha

dipshikha Junior IL'ite

Why is that EGO is so much prominent in human beings and it is so strong that people are swayed away by their impulses and emotions and then later on getting perturbed when they behave according to their ruinous ego . People get themselves involved in their ego so much that they are ready to go as per it guides them , their mind is concealed so much like the paralyzed brain of a sick person .

[JUSTIFY]Sometimes i feel why god has given EGO to human beings and what is the necessity of it for if there is no ego , the world would have been a better place to live in .There would have been no broken relationships, no broken hearts and homes .Egotism leads to wrong decisions , over reactions, overpowerment , tremendous anger and finally leads to clashes . At the end who gets humiliated and who wins is all at the cost of shame , heartbreaks and indignity . Many relationships have been shaken and jilted because of ego and we tend to cling to our ego so much and get carried away and then start reacting, not thinking at all about its consequences.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]I find ,the best people on this earth free from ego are the young children below 4 years who are so pure by heart and mind . Even if they have minor ego in them which can be seen sometimes when they throw things out of anger or because of their stubbornness , at least they are not aware of their so called ego in them .They are so innocent and free from all egotism awareness that it honestly gets gleamed in their innocent eyes and in their flawless behavior . Blessed are they so much with the love of god that they know the true meaning of happiness where they enjoy their time whole heartedly, right from mingling with other kids , dancing, playing, laughing open heartedly , screaming , clapping etc.. as if there is no such place for worrying in their life . They don’t have any kind of memory space in their mind or in heart where they store in all resentments like who has hurted them, who has scolded them , who has hit them . They just will be upset and disturbed only for that period of time when they are being disappointed by others ,but the moment they are being pampered , cared , attended and see their offender in their best behavior before them , they just know how to reciprocate and become the same person once again where they are back on their track with their usual mood who are happy, jolly, naughty, mischievous , refreshing and hyperactive. It is their humble god like qualities in them that allows them to get adjusted or compromise and be happy forgetting all their worries. Children’s are our great teachers when it comes to forgiving. Seeing our own child getting upset and crying after being scolded does makes us feel low and unhappy and then finally regretting it .but the moment we realize our mistakes for not being fair from our part and start interacting with them on a happy note making them cheerful and encouraging them in to the activities they like . They just pardon us without being asked. This is what forgiveness is ?

I wish we all elders could have child like spirit where we can leave aside our ego and lead our life by analyzing, better understanding and accepting what comes in our way or we can just decrease the level of ego once we realize its level rising higher and higher by indulging ourselves into some other activities allowing diversion of the mind , or having an attitude of forget and forgive and move on as we cannot change the past. Quite impossible from the elder’s point of view but can be possible with practice of patience , having mature understanding, and putting ourselves into the offenders shoes as any person who appears offending to us is a mirror to us who can show us our reflection which we are not aware of ourselves.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai dips,

Nicely and well summarised the topic. Yes. EGO this three letters makes every human life rating. It should be totally condemned from human life's. Forgive and conveying the message to correct the person if they do mistake should be taken in a nice way. Why I have to tell Why I have to ask should be avoided from our life.As you have mentioned Children are our great teacher in forgiving and forgetting the past. a great applause to you my dear IL.:2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

3. dipshikha

dipshikha Junior IL'ite

Dear Sree,

My head bows for you dear :bowdown for being the wonderful soul that i have come across at IL.you are always there to encourage and appreciate me and even if my blog didnot appeal to other's you have always come in my space and given me hopes to keep writing. Such a noble soul you are and i am truly appreciate the kind of person you are . You are a great human being , a great blogger, a wonderful cheer leader and above all an inspiration to any aspiring soul .

Thankyou so much .

Warm regards,

4. aditi10

aditi10 New IL'ite

Good one Diphikha Children are in the true sense a form of God. :)The innocence in their eyes , their smiling face, the eagerness and curiosity in everything they see makes them so adorable and we wish we could retain all that charm and innocence forever.:partyThere is no word called ego in their dictionary..they have the power to make us forget everything and become kids ourselves and go back to our childhood ..There is a lot we can learn from small kids indeed ...

5. Poornimav

Poornimav New IL'ite

Good Explaination. Next time when ego creeps in I will remember this beautiful words.
    Really even I learn a lot from my 3 year old son.

Thank you :)