1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Childhood friendship day reminiscences:

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Angellic, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

CHILDHOOD FRIENDSHIP DAY REMINISCENCES

I am feeling nostalgic right now. It’s boring exam time here, so I have to keep extra class for my students on Sunday too…None of them were actually upset to come on Sunday except me:help…Infact, they all were glad because its friendship day tomorrow…

When I heard their plans for tomorrow… different images flashed through my mind, felt like lost alone in the crowd :-(…

I started thinking about my bygone days…The reminiscences’ of my past childhood friendship day celebrations started appearing, one by one in my memory.

I still remember, during my school days too, friendship day always clashed with my UT but we never failed to celebrate friendship days…Exams!!!hmm, not that important to avoid friendship day celebration noh …

Tying friendship bands, resulting in hand full of colorful bands then counting the number of bands we received, then preserving all those bands safely, scribbling “BEST FRIENDS FOREVER” on each other’s palm etc etc etc…Hmm, Lovely days!!!

Now also I do celebrate friendship day….Not with my friends but with my students therefore evoking a different emotional mood which ultimately urge me to go back to the past…

Golden were those days…fighting for stupid stuffs, katti-batti all the time, playing funny pranks, revealing bestie’s secret to other friends, breaking promises and saying… it was “just promise” not “mother promise”…and so on...Completely lost in my own world...

I think, Friendship is one of the most beautiful relationships in the world. People who are not bound by anything but love come together and share this relation with each other, and this selfless bonding create a very special feeling that just warms the heart.

Missing my friends alot...

I wish you all “Happy Friendship Day”

images (39).jpg

With love,
    Angellic :)

5 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Angel dear your post brought me nostalgic memories of my childhood friendship days. i.e. 60 years back as I am will be completing 70 yrs in this month. Bu tthose days we did not have Friendship day. I also remember how we used to fight for silly things. Once I remember my close friend was not talking to me and I went outside her house and started calling her. That time we were staying in a big colony andwe were so many friend, used to wait for evening to play.

Later when I was in 7th Standard I became very close to a Gujrathi friend who was very rich. But she was very simple, not only she everyone in her family were down to earth. I used to go with her in car till 10th Standard and we used to study together. From 5 to 7pm I used to be in her house . She had a room of her own. First we used to study for one hour and the next hour play indoor games. Like scrabble, putting the wooden blocks little ones up and catching and so many indoor games.After Xth she wanted to join typing class but I could notafford the fees and she only paid the fees for me. Because of her I could get a job as a Typist in a Company I can never forget her in so many things she has helped me. Her brother used to say whatever is there with you share with your friend. On Sundays we used to spend more time together. As I coudl not afford I used to make greeting cards by drawing myself and also used to make books with thoughts etc. andgive to her for Birthdays. She also used to make her own greetings cards and give. Wow those were memorable days which wont come back again. I am glad that we are still in touch and recently only she called and spoke to me.Thanks for bringing lovewly memories.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  3. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Friend ship is a ship that will pass the roughest of seas,
    there is only room for us's on that ship but no place for me's,

they say that we dont choose our relations but choose the friends we make,
    always trying to be truthful so that this relation doesnt break,

i guess this is one relation which after more fights gets stronger to the peak,
    my friends would be cursing me for one thing or another as we speak,

this is because they know us down to our souls and we have been at infront of them at our worst,
    but a hug is all is needed to wash away all the crap and for tears to burst,

so all my dear friends #*@£€¥% and more to you all,
    cause i know you will bring me back to reality in an instant if i boast infront of you wheather big or small..........

Take Care
    Chow

3 people like this.
  4. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Glad to read ur lovely memories viji ma'am...

Reading ur comment, reminded me about our fun study...I too remember, studying together with my friends..Though my dad used to take all my studies, but i love studying with my friends...Our group study used to be in the terrace...For us, group studies were never meant for studying...we plan to study but end up talking about the celestial bodies, or about our future, or about our fav. actors and actresses etc etc etc...

Well, I too joined typing class after my SSC ...i love the tak tak tak sound of that typing machine, which was the main reason for joining the typing class ;)

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Angel dear glad to know we sailed in the same boat during childhood days. Also my first job was a Teacher but I was a very quiet girl and not so courageous that time. So I did not like the job. Those days they never like sending girls for job . My father thats why wanted me to become a Teacher. I think I will write that as a separate snippet about my experience. Thanks for bringing me old memories

1 person likes this.
  6. HEMASRIRANGAM

HEMASRIRANGAM Bronze IL'ite

Friendship-how sweet word,it is!from my nursery ,i got a friend,till now going on.Our friendship age is nearly 42years.

1 person likes this.