1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child Sexual ABUSE Awareness-SHARE tips

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by racr, Apr 10, 2013.

1. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Friends,

Check out the new video(in English and a number of Indian languages) on CSA awareness on the Childline India website.Great effort !

Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) - Videos

1 person likes this.
  2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I got this video on my whatsapp recently and had shown it to my son but I was unable to share that link here.Thanks for sharing it racr.

1 person likes this.
  3. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hello!

Came across this great article about how parents can educate their children about gender equality and violence against women. Awareness is key to prevention to abuse towards children and adults(irrespective of gender),but changing the mindset and bringing up children healthy in mind and body is our responsibility as parents,right?!

16 Ideas for Educating Kids about Violence Against Women and Being Non-Violent | The Pixel Project's "16 For 16" Campaign

Mods :If this link is not allowed,please feel free to remove.

1 person likes this.
  4. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Re: Child Sexual Awareness Month-April

Hi Rakhii, i thought about that question too. I think it starts in daily routine, the way we teach our children about gender equality, rights over ones own body etc. .. i read an interesting article which talked about lil kids steeling kisses from each other. I think one first step is to allow and even encourage our children to make decisions for themselfs about their body and encourage them to say NO, may it be to elders like the aunty whom wants a kiss or the other kid in neighbourhood who wants to hug more then our kid wants to.

Thanks everyone in this thread for the great links, i went through them and they are really usefull.. i will try to do my best to encourage my daughter (as i would do my son if i had one).

Here is the link to the article i mentiond (was about that incident when lil boy was suspended for kissing a girl and most ppl in public seemd to think they overreacted)
    No, it´s not ok to "steal kisses" -- Here´s Why, by Soraya Chemaly, published in Huff Post, Parents, 12/16/2013 No, It's Not OK to 'Steal Kisses' -- Here's Why | Soraya Chemaly

2 people like this.
  6. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

2 people like this.