1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child care

Discussion in 'Baby Sitting / Day Care' started by shubhavasudevan, Sep 26, 2006.

1. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi Shuba,

this is really a wonderful thread

i need a counselling

1.my son is 3 years, he drinks/needs milk every night before sleep, he very peacefully drinks it in feeding bottle for 1 hr taking it here and there, feeding bottle is very infectious, how should we make him get rid of this habit, we have tried to get him some other sipper kind of bottles, he is very adamant he doesnt touch the bottle at all, we tried new sipper for 3 days consecutively and those 3 days he didnt pay attention to the sipper.

2.Im working, after reaching home i want to spend some time sitting with him in the evening. He goes to a nursery day care. There he learns abcd, rhymes etc. I also draw some cartoons and show him. In what other ways we can educate and entertain a 3 year old kid.?

2. sathyasai

sathyasai New IL'ite

that's a good poem and thanks for sharing with us.

3. Chomi

Chomi New IL'ite

Hi Shubha,

Can you please suggest me all the things we need to consider in a daycare.

Thanks,
    Soumya.

4. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Hi Sujakalyan

sorry I missed your post. I can give a few suggestions for your queries.

1. from your mail I see that your son is 3yrs old and it is high time to stop the bottle. First for that you have to be very firm and strict with him in this regard. Hide the bottle and it will be very difficult for the first few days. The child will cry a lot and may not drink milk at all. You should not give in at this time. This is very important because as a mother you can't see the child cry for long. Donot give in at any cost if you want to stop this habit. Does he take his bottle during day time also? If yes try to stop that first. If he takes it thro the day try to stop first during the day and keep telling him that he is a big boy and only babies drink from bottle. May be you can tell him abt his favourite cartoon or hero charecters and say that they don't drink from bottle.
    Tell him his teeth will stick out ugly if he drinks from bottle.To make him drink milk from a cup add some flavour to the milk like chocolate or strawberry and make it more colorful and give in different cups everyday. If you have a tumbler you can make him drink from that in small portion and say that he is drinking like his dad. All boys feel proud when they are compared to their dads.

if you need more info let me know.I will be too happy to share my knowledge.

I will post another reply for your second query. Try the above suggestions and please send a f.b, it will be very helpful.

with warm regards
    shubha

this is really a wonderful thread

i need a counselling

1.my son is 3 years, he drinks/needs milk every night before sleep, he very peacefully drinks it in feeding bottle for 1 hr taking it here and there, feeding bottle is very infectious, how should we make him get rid of this habit, we have tried to get him some other sipper kind of bottles, he is very adamant he doesnt touch the bottle at all, we tried new sipper for 3 days consecutively and those 3 days he didnt pay attention to the sipper.

2.Im working, after reaching home i want to spend some time sitting with him in the evening. He goes to a nursery day care. There he learns abcd, rhymes etc. I also draw some cartoons and show him. In what other ways we can educate and entertain a 3 year old kid.?[/quote]

5. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chomi

I have given a few hints on what to look for in a day care. How old is your child? If you have any common query please let me know. I will be too happy to share my knowledge with you

with warm regards
    shubha

6. Chomi

Chomi New IL'ite

Hi Shuba,

My daughter is 8months old. im planning to put her in daycare and start working when she is one yr old. right now we are in bangalore. im confused if its ok to put such a small child to day care. im feeling guilty. so i wanted to be sure of the day care.
    thanks for the response.

Soumya.

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Daycare in Brampton/Missisauga Area

Daycare in Brampton/Missisauga Area
    <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>Hi Ladies,

My baby is almost 1 yr old & i'm planning to put her to daycare when she will be ard 18-20 mth. Can anybody give me the list of good daycares (professional daycares including govt ones) in brampton or missisauga area.

Any other idea will be appreciated. I heard we have to enroll ourseleves couple of mths before???

Thanks in advance.