Child Care Or Testing...

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by coolmum, Jun 14, 2018.

1. coolmum

coolmum Silver IL'ite

Hi ILites,
    I appreciate any suggestions for my career pathways. Actually, I am an MCA graduate. But I haven't been to jobs since I finished the course. It's been 17 years being a SAHM. Now I want to join the workforce. But neither a fresher nor an experienced person, it's hard for me to get into jobs. I read in online to do a certificate in testing. But reviews showed that alone not enough and 'Reference' is a must to enter IT field. I don't know anyone in IT sector. I couldn't even remember the subjects I studied in MCA. And I have self-doubts whether I could study further and do I have a logical brain and I feel I am afraid to enter the IT sector at this age.
    Another choice most of the mums suggested even engineers and homoeopathy doctors changed their career to child care which has job opportunities for mums. But it has lots of physical work. Part-time jobs are plenty in that sector. Govt. funding courses are available whereas I have to pay for computer courses from my pocket. Job guarantee too is not in IT sector as there are hundreds of people waiting with ISTQB certificates.
    So I am confused which way I have to go
    And I love to work with children. I have volunteered at my son's primary school which I loved it. Does anyone in childcare or IT industry could give your inputs, please. I am based in Brisbane.

Thanks for your time