Chikankari Shops, Wholesale Dealers/ Exporters in Luchnow

Discussion in 'Uttar Pradesh' started by ManuSethi, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ManuSethi

ManuSethi Senior IL'ite

Hi There,

I am travelling to Lucknow to meet my friends and relatives. I have heard a lot about the chikan work dress materials.

Can anyone suggest any good shops/ markets from where I can buy some good chikankari work kurtas or dress materials. Do these shops offer a bargain or discount if I go in for bulk purchase? How is chikan kari work different from normal thread work , I mean, is there a way one can differentiate that this is a normal thread work or chikankari work? I am sorry but I am new to this , thats why i am asking it. I hope you understand :redface:

Also, my cousin in Maharashtra wants to open a showroom of these lucknavi dress materials and chikan work, are there any whole sale dealers or exporters who can help in doing so.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your responses.

2. JoyshreeGupta

JoyshreeGupta Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Lucknow is synonymous with Chikankari work. Chikankari is a delicated embroidery with threads on a cloth. A variety of stitches are used to obtain the desired effect. Chikan kari workers either use a temporary block print and fill it with threads. Once the embroidery is done, the temporary block is washed away. The worker may also use a needle to remove a few threads, create a space and them embroider them. This creates a jalli effect on the garment.
    One of the best chikankari shops in Lucknow is Chhangamal Chikan Industries,. The address is Maruti Niwas, Khun Khun ji Road, Lucknow. Ph 0933 5923795.
    Best wishes

3. HarleenSethi

HarleenSethi New IL'ite

Hi
    I can give you the names of two reputed wholesalers in the area. You can make further negotiations with them.
    1.Lucknow Chikan House
    Old YMCA Bldg, 13 Rana Pratap Marg, Lucknow -1.
    2.Aakriti Chikankari
    Naka Hindola, Lucknow
    All the best for your venture.

4. doondiaries

doondiaries New IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm unable to access Lucknow chikan house website. Tried refreshing it several times but it is still not working. Are there any other sites online that sell the same kind of stuff?

5. JoyshreeGupta

JoyshreeGupta Senior IL'ite

Hi Doondairies
    You can try the site :Chhangamal
    The site belongs to Chhangamal Chikan Industries. Their phone no is 0522 4006774 and the contact person is Mr Agarwal.
    To the best of my knowledge the firm does accept order via the net.
    Do let me know if there is anything more I can do for you.
    Bye

6. doondiaries

doondiaries New IL'ite

Hi Joyshree,
    Thanks for the info. Will chk it out n will let u know.

Ciao

7. Sunayana3

Sunayana3 New IL'ite

Hello there
    I have a show room in Kathmandu and now i am planning to purchase Chickankari and Benarashi Saris from Lucknow. Can i get numbers of nay wholesale dealers. In accordance from the previous conversation, i have collected three wholesale dealers of Lucknow but i am unaware about Benarashi Saris dealers.....If possible i also wants to know the best route from where i can bring my purchased cloth from Lucknow to Kathmandu....

I have come to know that Chickankari cloths are suitable for summer season only ...so is there any idea of other clothing of Lucknow which is suitable in selling during winter times.....I heard that Benarashi saris is the next option of Lucknow....
    I would be really great full i get these answers...

8. shiv12

shiv12 New IL'ite

Hello
    This is Jharna from Mumbai, I want to start chikan clothing business from home.like dress material and readymade chikan Kurtis. looking for Manufacturers. If any, Pls reply
    Thanks
    Regards
    Jharna