1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chetan Bhagat's Speech about Indian Women and Stress

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by devi123kar, Jul 11, 2012.

1. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Rihana,

Thanks for agreeing with me dear. Phew !! I was almost getting ready to face the firing squad.

love,
    kylie

2. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Chetan bagat is good in playing to the gallery. During 3 Idiots controversy, he waved white flag,even though he was dead right. May be he thought, taking on bollywood heavyweights will shut the door for him.

3. devi123kar

devi123kar Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  4. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

Thanks devi.

love,
    kylie

5. niyathi123

niyathi123 Bronze IL'ite

I m posting back again since you continued the discussion. People stay in US for reasons best known to them and still crib that they dont have maids, dont get to visit their relatives etc. Then why stay there ??? Even managing maids here is not easy since they take leave as and when they need.

6. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Let me put this question back to you

Why are you still in India if it is so unbearable there?

Again and again and again...We are not saying that life in India is easy...All we are saying that life in US for an indian woman is not so easy. For an Indian woman, the stress level is same everywhere. We are definitely making a lot more money staying in the US but then the stress remains the same.

The reason to stay is because we very well know that the stress level is going to be the same even if we move back to India. Then why move?

2 people like this.
  7. niyathi123

niyathi123 Bronze IL'ite

I can stay legally only in india and i dont get this question "Why are you still in India" ,, i have no other option so answer is simple. Wish if money could bring down stress in our lives even i would think/try of moving elsewhere on this planet.

1 person likes this.
  8. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I repeat again, No matter where Indian women living in this world, they will have their own problems according to their lifestyle, that is what I am stressing. I dont want to debate whether life is better in USA or in India, I just gave the examples of problems. Stress is everywhere. Period.

1 person likes this.
  9. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

Well said Mr Chetan. Women in India are still an oppressed lot. No matter whose mistake, the blame is always on her and her family. When a few try to escape, some get free, some become free by committing suicide while most are killed in the name of honour and family name. A similar incident happened with my friend. She was married to an NRI, when she came to know that her husband was having an extra marital affair, she sought divorce and dissolved the marriage. When she came back to India, she was the one to be blamed. She fought for her rights, married a man she knew from her school days and is happily settled now with two beautiful kids. I also nominated her to the ITC Vivel Choo Lo Aasmaan awards that is honouring women who have fought for themselves. This award is a great initiative and platform for women to talk to the world about their deeds.

1 person likes this.
  10. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite