1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chess With My Pin

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Aug 14, 2017.

ATM in residential area is bane.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

In an immaculate white attire, adjusting goggles over my nose, I stepped out of precinct , flicking white umbrella burst open and revolved it over my head. Inhaling fragrance of fresh-cut grass from lawn, I sauntered out on sun-lit barren street.
    I stopped near a residential building where at street level ATM was available. Being national holiday, none was at its vicinity.
    I folded the umbrella, entered the ATM chamber. Cool-draught welcomed me sharply hitting my sweat-face.I kept umbrella & goggles on a corner shelf.I stood in front of the ATM monitor. The hum from AC indoor unit above was quite discernible. A foot above AC, I noticed, an attractive bird-shaped origami stuck over something!
    Took out the Debit-card from my shirt pocket, inserted it flat into the machine’s narrow slot. The moment it was snatched in, the monitor was glowing green “ENTER PIN”. I thought for a moment, remembered the game of chess.
    After that, I acted out other steps, awaiting crisp notes for amount ₹1900. I heard to my dismay, only whirr of the machine which neither dispensed the currency nor did it spitout my card. Monitor was glowing with enigmatic phrase “contact branch manager”! I tapped machine on its sides several times.
    Novice in these matters, I looked at entrance moisture-laden glass-door. Obscured image of a tall hefty person in a yellow T-shirt came into view. He walked up to me in his ripped jeans, helmet covering his head and part of his face too. Apologising softly for his intrusion, he enquired endearingly whether I had finished, whence I realised something effeminate about him. Proximity and tone revealed that the person was a she.
    I narrated the status. She cast a smile telling it was technical glitch and suggested to re-enter PIN, while her gaze transfixed over monitor.
    Seeing me hesitant and perhaps emboldened with my fragile figure, she whipped out a shining stiletto kept behind her jeans. Pointing the blade close to my Adam’s apple, curtly commanded to enter the PIN. Nervously, I acceded to her command. No dispensing of notes.
    She then nonchalantly went out, hopped on to bike and had vanished. I was aghast. I exited bathed in sweat, walked across the street watching my short oblique shadow, and hid myself behind a dilapidated building.
    Few minutes went by. I observed the return of bike-lady, her head covered in helmet. She went into the ATM chamber and few minutes later exited zooming away on her bike.
    I walked across back to the ATM, saw the monitor dark. I found my goggle and umbrella lying over the ATM untouched.
    Being novice in these matters and had charge-less mobile-phone then, I rushed home in an auto;briefed my son over land-line the incident. He suggested he would revert. Phone buzzed. It was him. He said firmly and softly “Dad. I checked on-line. No debits today. I know the tin number and would hot list the card”.
    I realised then,with my butter-fingers, I had depressed on number pad keys 3-2 & 6-4 instead of my PIN 6-4 & 3-2.
    That is 64 squares and 32 powers on chess board.

2. Thyagarajan

Hi # stay blessed Thanks for liking the anecdote. God continue to bless us all.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Hi #Rampuri Thanks for viewing. Wish you Godspeed in all you endeavour.

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Thyagarajan,
    Chess pin, an unique method to remember ATM PIN number. Those who have butter fingers should never go to ATM. That's why we never go to an ATM to take out cash. On a holiday an adventurous trip to the ATM.
    Enjoyed reading,
    PS

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

6. Thyagarajan

Thanks for your comments and suggestion. But I am sorry to report after pounding or touching keys for posts in IL, they all became strong once again! glad that you could enjoy chess with pin.:neutral:
    Regards.:wave1:

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

I thought the dagger right next to the Adam's Apple would eliminate your amnesia and trigger your memory to find the right pin. Fortunately, your acquiesce action to enter pin in her presence didn't produce the outcome she expected. Your stars are favorable as she derived at the conclusion it was due to a glitch and not amnesia. You must be wearing an amulet to protect you from such unexpected situations. This is the best outcome one can expect out of not remembering something.

I am glad you are safe. The next time, please have a pin that would be a pattern in the ATM keyboard. :)

Viswa

8. Thyagarajan

Dear Sir
    another brilliant analysed response. thank you sir. since this eerie incident, I trust that I became strong in mind and body. my jottings would bespeak for it.
    Regards.