1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cherished Momma's lollies for your MB Husband

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Lets share the most cherished MIL item in your House (apart from the ANTIQUE boy she produced and raised) thats being preserved by your H who's MB (Momma's Boy)

Mine :

- HIS mom's purse.... 6X3 inches with multiple pockets...... whenever he withdraws money... he'll carefully stack the notes in it size basis and pull out need based to place in his wallet. I think the purse was a decade old and its been a decade now :coffee.

- T's sent by his SIS handed over to him by his mother... size Medium.... his usual size XXL. He gets v v senti if during cleaning drive I bring down any of them.
    He'll on and off try to get into them and appear like 8th mnth pregger woman but feel n act like 6 abs stiff look and try to step out of the house with me.... and then I tell him... u carry on... I need to go elsewhere :hide:.

- An old time ANJALI manual food processor, orange juice squeezer (broken condition) :bonk

Does this remind you of anything :thumbsup

24 people like this.

2. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Well it's my MIL who has stored her antique lollies (utensils, broken juicers, mixers etc etc) for us in the house and she won't even let anyone throw them! :notthatway:

Thankfully, DH hasn't kept such stuff. My DH has uses things which I have picked for him or we (DH & me) got for him with MIL taking the credit that it's her choice and it looks so nice on him! :rotfl

I think the only antique piece in our house is MY MIL! :twisted:

10 people like this.
  3. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I have so much of my mils stuff in my kitchen. But that is probably the only inheritance we are ever going to get (pots and pans)...so I don't throw them out. Anyhow as long as the lady herself is far away from me I don't mind using her stuff;-)

8 people like this.
  4. divyams

divyams Senior IL'ite

silvertulip you are so funny!

1 person likes this.
  5. ohara

ohara Gold IL'ite

The colourful red,blue and yellow knee length shirts she had bought him when he went abroad for college. I really wonder how he wore them to college. No wonder he keeps complaining that the firangi girls kept away from him.

10 people like this.
  6. amicabledeepu

amicabledeepu Silver IL'ite

my mil keeps everything and anything in the LOCKER. I was shocked when i saw the locker for the frst time,
    she kept some old non working telephone which my dh purchased for frst time. his shrt when he was 1mnth old,some steel spoons which her mils mil gave her, plastic pencil boxes which her children used omg I was suprised that how could she fit all these things into that locker. Once there was this small steel bowl which was missing and she bought the house down as if some diamond ring has been stolen.. that bowl was gifted by her sis on my dhs naamkaran day..she almst went into depression
    thinking about that bowl.

My dh saves rakhis sent by his sis even though they are broken into pieces and a hand written letter my mil wrote to my dh before he left to usa saying he should not get into bad company and bad habits.. hehe I felt this is too filmy..and its almost in a degrading state

8 people like this.
  7. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Omg never knew men r this senti :-( my mil has all broken utensils n kitchen ware some 50+ yrs old :) she's proud about her possessions :) My fils room is a museum. He has magazines papers letters, broken screws, nuts what not?? Sorry I had not included my FIL in 'men's list :p
    My h is not senti.. Btw MB reminded me of mills n boon not mama boy :-( it's a turn off :-(

4 people like this.
  8. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

So funny ShilpaMa. As far as I know my H has a old photo of her in his wallet and he stores videos,photos of her in various crazy poses and nonstop nonsense talks...made my head ache the first time he showed it to me which he of course found it adorable and funny.
    Coming to the photo in his wallet,I noticed earlier that it was his mother's photo and behind it was mine.A few months into marriage and a lot of fights with his mommy dear,my photo became first and behind it his mom's...lol.I admit I did a happy dance in my mind when I first saw his mother's photo took a back seat,haha.
    :)

7 people like this.
  9. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

My MIL leaves broken combs at my house and takes the good ones, some old black ribbons with which she ties her hair and soon after my marriage she brought a lot of big size pots and pans because ideally she thought that all family reunions shall be at my place..........(Just imagine how very irritating)........So she gave me the big ones and conveniently kept exchanging utensils between both houses without even informing me (my house and MIL's house).......

1 person likes this.
  10. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Shilpa I love the title of this thread! Seriously I am having the crappiest week and it is gems like these that make me smile :) Thank you, thank you....

3 people like this.