Chennai Public School

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sangeethaBaskar, Jul 6, 2009.

1. singaporeIndian

singaporeIndian New IL'ite

Re: Chennai public school Info

Dear Sankari,

Did you collect any information about the school? We are planning to transfer our children to Chennai Public School. So far, I am Ok with what I have read except their fees which seems to come about Rs. 65,000 per annum.

Any update from your side would be useful. Thanks.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

singapore indian,

all the views addressed my new2..is true.

if you have kids going to the 6th and above, better look for other alternatives.

it takes some time for a school to settle, and also get affliation, though these people could get it as they have so much political clout.

all the best for your return..

3. singaporeIndian

Shanthi,

Thanks for your views. CPS already got the affiliation as I did a check on the CBSE web site. So, that is not an issue.

My problem is I am moving in mid-year and had difficulties in finding a good school for admission. I thought since CPS is a fairly new school, I could try.

By the way, do you have any children going to CPS?

Thanks.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

no singapore indian. i do not have children going to cps. i stay in south chennai and my kids go to a cbse school here. my dd is in 10th and ds is in 7th.

That is great to know that they have already got affliation, political clout helps isn't it.. as i know one school in anna nagar that did not get and had asked all the kids from 9th to move to other schools and other schools really took advantage of the situation..

5. singaporeIndian

OK. Good to know that. By the way, since you have your kid is in 10th, may I know is there any public exam for them? I am sorry. I don't stay in India. So, just trying to update and confirm what I here.

Yes, I too heard of "that" school which failed to obtain the affiliation. After hearing about "that" school only, I checked the status of CPS.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate that.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

if the school does not have 11th, and you have to move your child to another school then there are exams.

my daughter is writing the exam as the school though has permission to start the 11th has not been able to, owing to lower strength and i feel better if she writes the exam though it will not be too hard on her, with 40% going to CCE and 60% to the exams.

It will remove the stress of appearing for exams in the 12th.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  7. singaporeIndian

I see. So, it is up to the student/ their parents to decide whether to take the exam or not. I understand now.

Wishing your daughter to perform well and get into a good school for +2. Thanks.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Singapore indian,

yes the child can opt to write the exam provided the school allows, is what i feel.

i am not so worried about marks. I don't believe is stressing the child. so whatever she can do is fine with us.

and thanks for the wishes.

9. ranjani31

ranjani31 New IL'ite

Feedback about Chennai Public School

Hello friends,

I need your feedback about the Chennai public school in Mugappair.
    Is it a good choice to admit my kid in CPS from montessori?
    How are the facilities, what are the extra curriculars?
    I need some info because we are currently in Singapore.
    Thanks in advance!

Regards
    Ranjani

10. sangithaaraghu

sangithaaraghu New IL'ite

Hai Sangeetha
    My name is also sangeetha. My son is studying VI in CPS. The school is very good in teaching and other activities. Fees is high only for my son iam paying 42000(inluding uniforms and shoes) book fees is separate for new admission they will collect extra 15000. Paying so much of fees is worth.