Chennai Public School

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sangeethaBaskar, Jul 6, 2009.

1. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi everybody,

thanx for the input. by the way where this CPS is located.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

shree,

It is in thirumangalam, anna nagar.

3. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi shanthi,
    thanx for the reply.

4. Anusudha

Anusudha New IL'ite

Re: what abt chennai public school?

Schools near Anna nagar, Bhavan's is a good CBSE school. Teachers communicate very well with parents, coaching is very Good.

5. bsthilu

bsthilu New IL'ite

Hi All,

My kid also studying in CPS.He is in Mont 1.Whtever chennaimama is given is 100% true.They are having extra curricular activites like yoga,dancing,music.At home he teaches us padmasana and vajrasana.Also he recites some slogas too.But they promised us about having swimming classes too.They didnt keep up the promise.Also as chennaimama said some teachers are good and some are not upto that level.I especially like Deepa Miss.So they have to concentrate about their teaching staff.They should learn some child psycology like other Ilite mentioned.Otherwise this school is good.

6. sankari

sankari Senior IL'ite

Chennai public school Info

Hi, I'm residing in singapore currently and thinking of comming back to chennai after few years. Now i wish to do some background work for my kids (now 5th and 2nd std) for the change for their schooling.

Heard abt the new school CPS in chennai as. Does anyone (or your friends) has put their child(ren) in Chennai public school or know or visited the school. wish to know some info about it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  7. rraju11r

rraju11r New IL'ite

Re: Chennai public school Info

will have a look at it and update you

8. newmom2chennai

newmom2chennai New IL'ite

They are taking left and right kids into the school, talk to them especially the Director / of the school I think the MD or Secretary is Balaji, son of Mr. Devaraj.
    Bt dont expect too high from school, its been two mo0tnhs its been an awful experience. I dont see any good at school.
    See my different post I will put up one. or email me I will respond.
    False promises, Unorganized, haphazard system, mean teachers who twist the ears, books not complete, bad quality uniforms, Playground used as parking lot, haphazard way to send the kids home (its like Stampede) No indoor activities started yet though its almost 2 months since school started., and much more to list

9. newmom2chennai

newmom2chennai New IL'ite

Please see some better options than CPS.

I was given a school tour (thats not usual, u r shown the vdo and said this is how it works ) and I selected the school since I saw science las, 3d theatre, smart board classrooms from grade 1 and teacher equipped with desktops in staff room and so on but nothing is in use yet. Smart boards are show peices in class rooms where kids touching it when off is punishable. Promises were done thatr they will equip a half basket ball court, badminton court and volley ball court etc, but after the school started we see that the small playground that they have is filled with school buses.vans and teachers and staffs vehicles, thats literally a parking lot now.
    Indoor activities cannot be statrted yet because they are still in haphazard state sincet he school started, not enough buses for taking kids, school books not provided in full yet, kids sent home in haphazard way, no PTA or no way to communicate to teachers if u r working parents, u have to stand and wait at the end of the school when all kids have gone to talk to the teacher who is again in hurry to leave home.
    Children are not in a modern school they are in a Gurukul, inspite of filled with extra staff, you will see kids moving chairs and tables for teachers from one floor to another, please note that too 4th grade to 6th grade.
    People are there to block parents at different levels to see the class room.
    Principal is new, teachers are new, when ask too much easily put blames on others saying that they are in process of setting things(Will it be done by end of this year?)
    I may sound rude..but thats how the school is, lies start at the school, I am worried what wmy kids would learn. I am looking out for another school already in chennai...I want to make sure I dont end up in another CPS where they promise on on face and provide something else.
    By the time the equipments will be in use here, all will be outdated and crap.
    Teachers have systems but most of them dont know what is a yahoo or google group and having explained they still are hesitant to use it and say All communication thru school.
    Principal is not available on appointments, nor available on phone. the timing given is 9:30 to 10:30 to meet but be there at 8:30 am still I guarantee you will be unable to meet the principal before 11:30 that too after several requests at the front desk.
    Prinicpal promises to start this and that..but no date assured in the proximity.
    My kids complain of mean teachers and they say the teachers hit/twist ears of their class mates for not having done the homework or if done wrong. They scream on them as if they were some Vamps and were ready to suck their blood.
    Why such impression to the kids...how will they learn to be good citizens if teachers are like that, having paid fees we are struck in there for atleast 6 months and we have to be nice to get our TC too, a grinning smile on our lips.
    Please think twice before u register in here..or infact any school. Research details by talking to parents who visit school everyday and talk to teachers.

If you are looking for organized school then dont choose Chennai Public school. It is a good example of Haphazardness, no good communication (its only one way from school to parents not the other way), No PTA, some mean teachers who abise children and poor uniforms quality, crowded buses, books still not given completely, playground used as parking lot, Indoor game room used as Delivery room/ stock room for uniforms and books, no computer room access to kids, no 3d theatre shows as promised, no smart board usage in classroom etc
    Delay in every activity., a few elementary school can hardly speak English and have any computer knowledege and so on

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
  10. singaporeIndian

singaporeIndian New IL'ite

Can anyone update their experience with Chennai Public School so far? I am planning to put my kids in CPS. As I am unable to visit Chennai, I have some concerns regarding the school.

Is it easy to find rental apartments to stay near the school, say about 5 to 10 minutes walk?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you very much.