Chennai Public School

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sangeethaBaskar, Jul 6, 2009.

1. sangeethaBaskar

sangeethaBaskar Senior IL'ite

what abt chennai public school?

i want to know abt chennai public school.any parents r there.i heard fees is high i want to know abt teaching and coaching.what abt teachers approach towards kids. are they harsh or kind.what abt work load.pls tel me the fees also..

2. puniviji

puniviji New IL'ite

Hi friends

I want to put my daughter in Chennai Public school for LKG but her DOB is 04/06/2007. can anybody help me in having the info. about the school. fee structure and other things.

If anybody knows about Aschool also please guide me friends.

thanks.

3. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Re: what abt chennai public school?

I too would be interested in knowing about Chennai Public School. Any inputs from anyone?

Thanks,
    Radhee.

4. chennaimother

chennaimother New IL'ite

Chennai Public School
    cbse
    Fees 45K to 55K approx
    School is just a year old. Feedback from the parents is very good.
    Admission process (for 2010-11) will start from December end or Jan 2010.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
  5. chennaimama

chennaimama New IL'ite

Hi, I just came across this discussion. I happen to be a mom of a child who studies in Montessori I at CPS. The infrastructure of the school is good and will definitely improve with time. As for the teaching method, as far as montessori goes, it is far from the AMI/IMC standards mentioned in the website. My son's teacher's attitude is far from satisfactory too. From what I've heard about Std I onwards, the syllabus is pretty heavy...timings are from 8:15 to 3:15 or so! The playground is still under construction and children are not allowed to play everyday, which is especially sad. If you're thinking of admitting your child here, please do a thorough background check against the things that you are looking for in a school for your child. I know of a few parents who have withdrawn their children, a lot who are undecided about the school and many who are dissapointed but have no other choice. Best of luck!

6. jayawarrier

jayawarrier New IL'ite

Thanks Chennaimama, I was desperately looking for some mom from CPS.
    I am looking for my son's admission for LKG in Anna Nagar schools.
    Though the CPS building looks appealing, I couldnot make out if there is a play ground in the campus.
    Also, do you know if the day care is functioning. Any feedback on the same?

What is the class strength in higher classes? Hows the studies?

Thanks again!

7. chennaimama

chennaimama New IL'ite

You are most welcome...the playground under construction is a leased out corporation playground behind the school building. No news on when it will be functional.

They will be having day boarding which means they will be providing a child all the meals within the school hours including breakfast. Children who are weak in studies have a seperate programme too which sees them staying back in school for tutions after school hours.

The strength of the classes as of now is one of the best...a maximum of 35 children per class. It will have to be seen if this will sustain. From what I gather from moms of the higher classes, a lot of streamlining is required as far as the teaching goes. As I'm sure you are aware, the reputation of a school rests largely with the teachers. So, as far as teachers go...I've heard of a few of them being good and a few ....... :thumbsdown The studies are as tough as you would expect in any other CBSE school. They have incorporated the Waterford system (google the website), though not fully as yet. An English course of the British Council, which is optional, has been introduced from STD II. All classrooms are digitised. As far as extra curriculars go, singing, yoga, dancing, martial arts have been introduced. Here too, a lot left to be desired. What is worrying parents most is the lack of communication with parents and the attitude of some teachers which is having a negative impact on the children.

It has to be said that CPS has potential. And only good administration will help realize this:bang. For all the negatives I've pointed out, I suppose it might reflect of any other school as well. Do check out their website in about a weeks time where they will be showcasing the school via a video uplink.

Do meet the administration and principal and have a thorough discussion.

All the best!

8. jayawarrier

jayawarrier New IL'ite

Chennaimama, I really appreciate you giving details on CPS. Right now I am trying for few schools in and around Anna Nagar. I think CPS is giving forms only on Jan 18th-19th.

I need details on fees structure. Will send personal mail to you.
    Thanks again.

--Jaya

9. eveline

eveline New IL'ite

Honest feedback of Chennai Public School pls? I want to know the present syllabus for LKG in chennai public school.

10. R2IMan

R2IMan New IL'ite

I visited CPS twice. I agree with many reviewers comment about the cleaner AC class rooms, new & nice building, but the play ground is very small to conduct any outdoor games. Probably that is why CPS mention only about indoor activities!!!

In November 2009, the Principal (Mrs.N) mentioned about the class strength as max 25-30 students/class. Whereas this week she talks about 35/class.

The LKG kid's 'interview session' was held in the afternoon hours, the time when most kids usually sleep/take a nap.

During the 'interview session' many teachers ganged up & surrounded the kid. Hence the scared, sleepy faces refused to cooperate & communicate. I consistently heard the same complaint from many parents i met.

I wonder if the teachers are trained in 'Child psychology'. Hence i agree with those members who commented as 'teachers are inexperienced and the management has no clue about many such things......'

Parents: Hence, Please do not get upset with your younger ones. It is not their fault.

I do not see the justifiction to put the kid into a school where teachers lack Child psychology; inspite of spending 3-4 times, lack of outdoor games, classes getting crowded without parents knowledge, etc are other dampers.