1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

chemistry of love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ambika ananth, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Love is in the air!

This is a good lesson in the chemistry, history and geography (ref. Shalu's story) of love. I had read this one earlier in DH and knew at once that Ambika was the quintessential romantic! In my teens I had a crush on Vinod Khanna (the filmstar) - but I seem to have missed the 4 stages! Maybe I'm too low down on the ladder of evolution! Will keep my eyes open cos like Ambika says - it's never too late for love and to hold hands!
    Sharada

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  2. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

thanks Sharada for calling me a 'romantic'...

Sharada, how true..I am a thorough bred romantic, having crushes day in day out, because my heart responds and reacts very quickly. Just like you had a crush on Vinod Khanna, I had on Kabir Bedi...you know very well my idea of good looks of a man- a well groomed beard. Many people cringe at the idea of a beard, but according to my opinion- a woman can ape a man and try to behave like a man in every possible way..but only a 'beard' seems to be a distinct mark of a man( I know I will get many contradictory responses to this from our beautiful friends). Oh..let me stop here...more on phone...

Thanks for your response
    ambika

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

this is too much chemistry but fun........

Hi Ambika,

that's great news... when are we meeting???????????
    but pls don't be disappointed after our meeting - I wouldn't call myself interesting. I definitely would like to meet you & Sharada - maybe the next time I'm in Blore.
    Coming to Blore is like going to another planet for me as my daughter doesn't like to bunk classes and every other day they have some test, or orals or exams..( I sometimes wonder at this rate all the school children would be IAS officers). My hubby depends on me for every damn thing that I hardly go out of the house. Sometimes I feel I can play the role of a filmi housewife perfectly.

Coming to crushes, I never had a crush on anyone - but I remember during my college days there was this guy who wanted to just go for a walk with me inside our colony - being only daughter, I was always protected by my family and kinda conservative not to allow to go anywhere - not even with friends.
    He was doing his M Tech (gold medalist) and I think he had a crush on me and used to invite me for all his college functions and when he finally came to know my strict background, gave a final request to go atleast for a walk with him which again I couldn't.

later, when all the harmones were in full swing I used to have a dream-lover. I was very good at dreaming and imagining. I used to pick up characters from novels, films and put all that and create a man of my choice....

If I'm forced to mention a movie star then it has to be ROBERT REDFORD - I find this guy complete - sexy, macho, intense, stylish, intellectual look.

4. screvathi

screvathi New IL'ite

I liked the post.

Shal's story was also good.