1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cheer Experience/expectations

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Aug 21, 2016.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

CheER Experience/Expectations

It was one of those rarest of rare moments when you fall sick beyond control and there is no one around to take you to the hospital, you really wonder “have we really got a single soul” to care about us. Reasons could be situational, personal choices to be alone but only after the fact you realize that “whether being alone” was the right choice. Too late a realization.

Without calling the ER, manage to get admitted in the ER and what happens next? These days they just don’t bother but primarily focus on the hospital’s financial health and not the patient’s health. Forms to fill with the insurance card and if not a deposit/credit card and only then a doctor attends to – duty comes after their coffins are assured of the dues. Patient going to a coffin entirely depends on their whims and fancies, financial strength of the patient and finally the supreme the doctor believes by raising both hands, even if the patient is an atheist. Raising the hands does it signifies/symbolizes that poor soul you haven’t got any more of what we want and it is better that you rest in peace.

We have to move on and let’s see the positives or the potential positives expected of the ordeal. The ER is not guaranteed to have female nurses which is totally not acceptable. Guys who miss the care at home and admitted once in a blue moon, do they don’t have even this right? Unfair in an unfair situation.

An unfriendly one at the reception, a male do I need to say that? Sir you would be taken to the trash room, what these guys how come they knew I am trash? Gosh then I read it is TRIAGE pronounced as TRASH. Not too sure if he said it right but I know what I am, trash knows trash better.

A male nurse attends to and it actually worsens the patient’s condition. Couple of IV’s with pain killers don’t help and more than the bodily pain, the pain of the wavering eyes are more, believe me in search of that caring female nurse.

Delaying the discharge from the ER, a slight over dosage sends you to a trance and blow – that is the time the expected nurse comes on the duty change roster. What a pity a few hours when she is on duty, poor soul is in a state of dizziness and could not have the pleasure of enjoying the time there. Pity, pity it is.

The other unwelcome medical development is that there are no injections and there is no touch/soothing factor at all, depriving the pleasure in pain.

What say, have to move on, the treatment is over and after signing a few papers and collecting the medicine had to go home. Unfulfilled wishes are there to remain, as in life…

Please don’t take me wrong reading this, these are small, small wishes – choti si ashas that help in the long run to chase bigger ashas. The whole idea is to forget the pain and look for pain-free passage in life. Thinking out of the box, if I may call to strengthen the mind to beat the odds.

I wish you guys don’t encounter ER and if you can’t avoid do wish to make it worthwhile. Not to show any disrespect to the nursing community but it is to actually glorify the comfort factor that they bring in, than the actual medication.

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

GG,
    Firstly, hope you are doing much better now. Next, sorry to hear your sad state of self check-in in ER. Thirdly, no beautiful female nurses to attend you ... Ha ha In so much pain you search for little pleasure which is ur birthright. Finally, when you get that special care you go into trance...What a nightmare it could have been!

Nice write-up with your humorous touch as usual!

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear GG,

Oops. I hope you feel better. It is too late to caution me about ER. I have two ER experiences already. Once, they carried out Anjiyography and found nothing wrong with my heart. With all due respect to the nursing community, I had to say that I worked too hard to stay untouched by female nurses. Frankly, male or female nurse, here in the US, consider the patient as a subject and nothing more and their intentions appear to be good but my Indian cultural instincts made me feel uncomfortable. Please note that Anjiyography is done by inserting a tube at the very top of the thigh.

I have narrated this before but I don't mind saying it again here. Only once I rejected going to ER. I signed a three year contract to work out with a leading Fitness Center in the US. The very first day, without realizing the effect, I took my BP medicine and went to do exercises. I was on the stair-master trying to beat the computer and succeeded. After I got off the system, suddenly room around me started spinning and my wife was next to me. I didn't know what happened for the next 5 minutes. The next thing I remembered was 911 medical assistants asking my name by tapping my cheeks. I had no shirt and they were applying a lot of ice to my back. It happened in 1997. When they measured my BP after I got my consciousness was 40/30. My hands were shaking. The Fitness center took so many signatures from that they were not responsible for anything. I let the ambulance go and drove back after I regained good BP. That is the near-death experience I faced in the US within two years after I arrived.

The next day I consulted a cardiologist who explained that I took a beta blocker which functions to reduce the heart rate and when I exercised, the heart rate need to go up. But the medicine was preventing it resulting in me becoming unconscious.

I hope you feel better.

Viswa

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    sindmani, jskls and GoogleGlass like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

he he he yes doing fine. i missed that special care ls :)

neeyellaam uruppadavaa porannu solra maathiri kaekkuthae :)

sindmani and jskls like this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

GG only you can enjoy life even at this stage.Get well soon to chase bigger ashas

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Wish you speedy recovery with all fun and humour in place.

Jayasala 42

sindmani and GoogleGlass like this.
  7. GoogleGlass

yes Viswa, the respect and admiration for the profession is there. these are just for the fun - good to know that you beat the beta blocker, being a beta version at the gym - yourself :)

tks Viswa - am fine.

8. GoogleGlass

thanks mmaa - there is nothing to lose, so vaazhndhu paaththuduvom :)

periamma likes this.
  9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

haha... GG. Nice one. Hope you are feeling well now. About your asha, I don't want to say better luck next time as I don't want you to have to go to ER or even fall sick. May be you can visit a lady ophthalmologist, who sees you right in your eyes and you are non in a precarious position. hehe...

periamma and GoogleGlass like this.
  10. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

GG you sound boring now:neutral: talking about passing, life and all. There's a lot more life in you than this...your alive and kicking now that's important right :D. I'm not going to say better luck next time cos I don't wish to see you in a state like this...so you will have to do without the nurses sorry :thumbup:.

On a serious note hope your feeling better and all is well GG. Take care.

GoogleGlass likes this.