1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cheeniya And His Alter Ego

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati
    1984 was the first book of GO that I read. It was sometime in the late '60s. Among my Bank officers, this was discussed quite often and all of us agreed unanimously that nothing of what he imagined would ever happen. I next read Animal Farm. The Bank's Staff Superintendent was bugged by junior officers who missed their promotions. Then suddenly one day, he displayed a placard in his room proclaiming 'All officers are equal but some officers are more equal than others' taking the cue from Napolean, the villainous boar!
    H.G.Wells had no other business but to writing abnormal science fictions which never jelled with reality. Nevertheless an interesting guy. I had the whole collection of books for display as decorative fixtures in my study.
    As a member of my fraternity, I have tremendous love for this man. I love his 'The man who would be king'. The hero and his friend are both Masons who had to pay the penalty for not living as true Masons. Sean Connery and Michael Caine had put up amazing performances.
    I am not too enamoured of gulls unless they are freaks!
    His spare part shop doesn't interest me!
    Leave us alone. My buddy Ira has a morbid fear of animals who die a natural death!

shyamala1234 likes this.
  2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Socrates: Revolt! Cheeniya appropriated my beard. We should revolt.

Aristophanes: Relax, dude! Don't lose your temper. Save it for the hemlock. You lost only your dyed beard whereas I surrendered my natural beard first, eking on a prosthetic and oversized one, and now I fear he will come after my frogs and birds. How am I to run my show if I lose my performing actors? Is he building a Noah's Ark— or what, rounding up all animals.

Socrates: He is a loose canon. Next he will come after my philosophy. He is indiscriminate and ruthless in his topics.

Aristophanes: Is your dated bloody philosophy more important than my lifeblood? I am losing my Tony award-winning animals in the play! Cheeniya said that he was not enamoured of gulls because they are freaks so I can still run my Birds musical but what about the Brekekekéx-koáx-koáx act in Frogs, he didn't mention anything about frogs? Does he fancy them?

Socrates: He is a man of many wits! He can make your frogs sing a Christmas carol. He can make them dance a Gene Kelly. He is a miracle worker when it comes to animals. Did you see what he did with cats? He turned them grisly with his literary makeover. And those dogs have hiked their remuneration since he portrayed them in gentler shades.

Aristophanes: I am doomed!

(She-Frog: Should we complete the season and quit?
    He-Frog: Nah, not to worry! Sri promised us a grander role in his snippet. Hurray!)

upload_2017-7-22_16-10-52.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    (Enter) Diogenes of Sinope with a lantern in broad day light.
    Looks at Socrates and Aristophanes who stop talking and throw a curious glance at the lantern carrying Diogenes.
    "I am Diogenes the Dog. I nuzzle the kind, bark at the greedy and bite scoundrels."
    Socrates and Aristo: Oh yea We know. No one else carries a lantern in broad day light!
    Diogenes: Can you move? You are blocking my sun light.
    Aristo: So what? You are carrying a lantern anyway (and giggles)
    Diogenes: I am carrying it to look for honest men. Sunlight is not enough to locate them. By the way you were talking of some Cheeniya. Is he an honest man? He is not visible with my lantern.
    Socrates: We have no idea about his honesty. All we know is that he grows a beard like all of us. Thinks that it will give him parity with us.
    Aristo: Poor fellow doesn't know that removal of beard was unheard of in Greece in the BC years.
    Diogenes: If you are only looking for a guy called Cheeniya and not an honest man, I guess I should make a move then.
    Walks away with his lantern in broad daylight
    [​IMG]

4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Alexander the Great: Who is Diogenes here?

Townsman: There, that man lazying in the sun.

(Alexander the Great walks up to Diogenes)

Alexander: Are you Diogenes?

Diogenes: What do I look like to you, a sun-bathing lemur? Yes, I am Diogenes

Alexander: I heard you were looking for someone called Cheeniya.

Diogenes: Ye', but he has been disqualified for not being an honest man.

Alexander: Are you auditioning others?

Diogenes: I was thinking of considering Iravati but I have heard scary reviews of her. I heard she is too wily and crafty. She is Devil's incarnate. For Zeus's sake, why is there not one honest man in the world.

Alexander [drawing attention to himself]: (ahem, ahem)

Diogenes: Will you please shift a bit for the sunlight to let in so that I avail myself of that daylight saving.

Alexander: Wow! Wow! I am impressed with your imperial attitude. Do you always speak like that? I should salute you. Tell me again, who trained you?

Diogenes: Jeez! Are you crazy or what? Get out of sight now. Don't vex me, I am already flustered in search of an honest man.

(Alexander to his personal scribe: Expunge the last bit out of my biography)

upload_2017-7-23_10-37-4.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  5. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    That was the voice of Bernard Shah in support of Diogenes.
    "Oh no, I hate all this interference with my privacy.'
    La Rochefoucauld enjoying the irritation that Diogenes displays chuckles and says '"We all have strength enough to endure the misfortunes of others."

6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

@Cheeniya

(Terry Pratchett steps into the room)

Terry: Hello everyone! Bravo Diogenes! "The intelligence of that creature known as a crowd is the square root of the number of people in it". We should have more of these brain-storming sessions to help Diogenes. What do you say La Rochefoucauld?

La Rochefoucauld: What am I to say? "We rarely think people have good sense unless they agree with us"

Diogenes: Shut up, everyone. Where is my lamp? Where did I misplace it? Such lapse of memory!

La Rochefoucauld: "People always complain about their memories, never about their minds."

7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

@Cheeniya

Napoleon Bonaparte: Morning Comrades!
    Diogenes: What is this, am I hosting a circus? Can you all leave me alone.
    Napoleon Bonaparte: I was summoned here.
    Diogenes: You were never summoned. Cheeniya summoned Napoleon from Orwell's 1984 drama.
    Napoleon Bonaparte: Hoho! Nevertheless, how you doing matey La Rochefoucauld? Any advice for me at Waterloo?
    La Rochefoucauld: What am I to say? "Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example".
    Napoleon Bonaparte: You are funny man! I like you. I must honour you.
    La Rochefoucauld: What am I to say?
    Napoleon Bonaparte: You are being humble.
    La Rochefoucauld: What am I to say? "A refusal of praise is a desire to be praised twice."
    Diogenes: Was it you Rochefoucauld who said "Honesty is the best policy". Can you help me find an honest man?
    La Rochefoucauld: What am I to say? I never say such dishonest statements.

8. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    How thoughtless of me! I have always been blaming my mind for my fading memory. Are they not related? Now who said that a clear conscience was the sign of bad memory? Whoever it was, I like the idea. How can anyone have a clear conscience if he kept remembering whatever he did in his past? But why am I saying all this?
    Is this what we call as the La Rochefoucauld effect?

9. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    My advice is that he will be much safer in a waterless loo where there will be no jostling for space.
    'If you can't see with that lantern the one standing right in front of you, you will never find one.' swears Napoleon.
    Oscar Wilde enters muttering under his breath '“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    Everyone runs for cover!

10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Oscar Wilde: Where has everyone disappeared? Cowards! I haven't declared my genius yet.
    Diogenes: Hello? Can you help me find an honest man?
    Oscar Wilde: What's that peculiar thing? Honest man? Never heard one. You can check with my mate.
    Diogenes: Do you know any honest man?
    Nietzsche: Who is this honest man ? I am trying to make a uberman of these idiots and you are inquiring for an honest man? Don't confuse my subjects.
    Diogenes: Never mind.
    Nietzsche: Look mate, forget about 'honest man' and join my endeavour to uplift man to 'superman'. I don't have much time. I am about to have a nervous breakdown, so, I intend to pass on my project to my protege.

(Bernard Shaw returns to the room)

Bernard Shaw: I am writing a new story. Any objections if I borrow your title "Superman"?
    Nietzsche: That's fine. I am still negotiating my royalty payments with DC Comics.
    Diogenes: Where can I find an honest man in this world?
    Nietzsche: No clue.
    Bernard Shaw: No idea.
    Oscar Wilde: I wish to help you. Is there any way?
    Diogenes: Can you give me a ride?
    Oscar Wilde: Of course, mount the donkey.
    Diogenes: eh, donkey?
    Oscar Wilde: Hmm, long story short, there are two ramblers. One calls himself 'senile'. They accorded me this donkey as travelling companion during my trip to the States.
    Diogenes: I suspect foul play. Is that how you procured a donkey? The newspapers tell a different story on your donkey.
    Oscar Wilde: Do you agree now that there is no honest man?

upload_2017-7-27_9-8-17.png

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017