1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cheeniya And His Alter Ego

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya: I thought I was back but didn't know where!
    Ira: I see your point. We can be back at a hundred places simultaneously
    Cheeniya: Amazing! It's something that only a guy like Freud can explain.
    Ira: Oh that guy? He is a headshrinker!
    Cheeniya: Is it this fiery summer that has caused a lull in our conversation?
    Ira: Possibly yes. If both of our hands are busy with wiping the sweat, how can you type?
    Cheeniya: I tried Voice activation instead of typing. It gave me a text that made my head reel and I rolled on the floor laughing!
    Ira: I agree with you. I too tried it once and it did not catch my accent and said 'Sorry'
    Cheeniya: Did you notice that I have answered your last post dated 1st May on 30th May? I should have posted it tomorrow. We would have covered a whole month!
    Ira: But isn't it jolly good that we keep it going?
    Cheeniya: Yes it is. But others may think we are a jobless duo!
    Ira: So what? Let's keep it going.
    @Iravati

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya: Did you realize that I have posted?

Ira: I realized a lot of things. I realized the beauty of mathematics and Fourier transformation without even understanding any of them.

Cheeniya: Do you realize nearby and tangible moments rather than abstract and ethereal recollections?

Ira: I realized that ignoramus should be pronounced igno-ray-mus after watching Woody Allen's Love and Death.

Cheeniya: Do you realize that your realizations bear no significant consequence?

Ira: I realized that Ethiopian women display three types of ear rings to signify their marital status: nubile, married, widowed.

Cheeniya: Do you realize that only an igno-ray-mus would comment on unrelated ear rings?

Ira: I realized that Mercury is such an amusing metal.

Cheeniya: Do you realize that Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus but an igno-ramus with Fourier tuned ear rings like you is from the mad Mercury?

Ira: Sorry, where were we?

Cheeniya: Somewhere between Mercury and May 30th. Do you realize that others may think we are a jobless duo?

Ira: Relax, Cheeniya. Others only think that we are hopeless ramblers who cannot be cured of their endless conversations.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya: Fourier? I read this in Google: The Fourier transform (FT) decomposes a function of time (a signal) into the frequencies that make it up, in a way similar to how a musical chord can be expressed as the frequencies (or pitches) of its constituent notes. I ran to my bed clutching my head
    Ira: I am not surprised at all.
    Cheeniya: I am as an ordinary man as Henry Higgins. Fourier exposes my ignorance.
    Ira: You are an igno-ray-mus then. You show all the classic symptoms of igno ray mus. I am jealous of you. To reach that kind of ignorance is no easy job.
    Cheeniya: If ignorance is bliss, why people strive to stay out of it? If anyone mentions Fourier to me, I'll shrug my shoulder and say 'search me'
    Ira: You seem to be obsessed with Fourier. Shake him off your mind and carry on with your PGW
    Cheeniya: You are right but I am worried about nights. He may come and trouble me as a ghost. I must have a ghost buster by my side.
    Ira: That's what I meant. PGW is the most reliable ghost buster.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Ira: Do you know "Fourier" should be pronounced "4 E Yay"?
    Cheeniya Sir: Let me first figure out what is Fourier Transform and how a signal can be expressed into terms of frequencies of waves that makes up that signal.
    Ira: Are you aware that acoustics are just the simplest form of FT's? An image is another type of signal but unlike sound, image is a two dimensional signal.
    Cheeniya Sir: All that matters to me is my ability to hear those wonderful voice of M.S.Subhalakshmi Amma singing her Vishnu Sahasranamam.
    Ira: Do you know Physicists jump between talking about functions and their Fourier transforms so often that they barely see the difference?
    Cheeniya Sir: They are no different than us switching from one topic to another to engage in a conversation.
    Ira: Applying Fourier stuff to quantum mechanics is one of the most direct ways to derive the infamous Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.
    Cheeniya Sir: Without applying anything, I am able to understand the uncertainties.
    Ira: A lot of problems that are difficult/nearly impossible to solve directly become easy after a Fourier transform.
    Cheeniya Sir: I need a Fourier transform to not only read but also understand what you write, Ira.
    Viswa: It is my understanding that Einstein with the help of Niels Bohr and a few other mathematicians attempted to write a Fourier equation of the universe reduced to waves derived from the signals which in turn are from the vibration of the universe?
    Ira (through private conversation to Cheeniya Sir): Let us take it easy for a few weeks and reassemble to continue our dialogue later. I am sure Viswa has something up his sleeves to convert that scientific comment into some spiritual discussion in future. He is just creating a ground work for his future spiritual presentation. Let us not fall for it. He is a tiger covered with the skin of a cow. :beer-toast1:
    Viswa: :facepalm:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  5. Viswamitra

My suspicion is now strengthened by the radio silence.

6. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    But I am a cow covered with the skin of a tiger!

7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Drama: 4 E Yay
    Theater: Alter-Ego
    Dramatis personae: Alt-Ira, Alt-Sri, Alt-Vis

(In a large sunlit living room with bay windows)

Alt-Vis: Should the fictional location be behind ego restaurant? Can't that be behind ego mall or ego train station?
    Alt-Ira: Absolutely! People eat and visit theater.
    Alt-Vis: You mean you eat and visit theater.
    Alt-Ira: Absolutely!
    Alt-Vis: Where is Cheeniya?
    Alt-Ira: He is dressing up, unable to make up his mind whether he should be in tiger's skin or cow's skin underneath a tiger's body or a cow's body?
    Alt-Vis: Where is his body?
    Alt-Ira: He did a 4 E Yay to it! A wave of human superimposed with a wave of tiger superimposed with a wave of cow.
    Alt-Vis: You know that he is a vegetarian.
    Alt-Ira: Absolutely! Hence the delay in dressing up with carnivorous hide.

(Alt-Sri enters the living room in a cape)

Alt-Sri: Where have you both been?
    Alt-Vis: I was sending waves , radio waves to establish contact with the alt-ego creatures, but such lull.
    Alt-Sri: What were you doing?
    Alt-Ira: I was searching ...
    Alt-Sri: Searching, that's it.
    Alt-Ira: Yes, I was searching.
    Alt-Vis: Did you search for and intercept my radio waves?
    Alt-Ira: I was searching ....
    Alt-Sri: Searching ...searching ...searching for what?
    Alt-Ira: Ultimate answer of life.
    Alt-Vis: But, what is the question?
    Alt-Ira: Shush ...don't try to make sense of my 4 E Yay ambition.
    Alt-Vis: Is Ira making any sense to you Cheeniya?
    Alt-Sri: Er, what, she has not made any since I have known her.

Alt-Vis: What is that cape, that looks like a camel. Not any camel but a wild bactrian camel.
    Alt-Ira: A bacteria camel?
    Alt-Sri: No, I said bactrian.
    Alt-Ira: Where did Cheeniya find a bacterian camel in Chennai.
    Alt-Sri: Fools! This is not a bacteria or a camel. This is a tiger.
    Alt-Ira: But it looks like a camel.
    Alt-Vis: Let me get this right. You are a camel-looking tiger on a cow over a human. That's a mind-bending 4 E Yay transformation.
    Alt-Ira: I should get back to my ultimate answer search.
    Alt-Vis: I should never have introduced you gits to advanced mathematical transformations.
    Alt-Sri: I should probably draw stripes on this camel-looking tiger.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Post 4 E Yay Drama discussion among the Dramatis Personae:

Alt-Sri: You both didn't know anything about bactrian camel with two humps?
    Alt-Ira: I am just focused on single thing.
    Alt-Sri: You mean a single hump camel?
    Alt-Ira: No I was saying I was focused on the 4 E Yay Transform of my role in life.
    Alt-Sri: Do you know a tiger, cow, camel and bactrian camel are different types of animals?
    Alt-Vis: All are one.
    Alt-Sri: Do you understand what Viswa is talking about?
    Alt-Ira: That is why you need to understand 4 E Yay Transform to construct what he is saying.
    Alt-Vis:

"When dark clouds fill your skies, hiding sunshine from your eyes
    Say his name, see his form, hold on
    Hold on, hold on, say his name, see his form, hold on
    When things are getting rough, and you feel enough's enough
    When life seems so unfair, and no one seems to care
    Keep a smile and say "I can" love and serve your fellow man
    Hold on, hold on, say his name, see his form, hold on"

Alt-Sri: Now, tell me why he is singing all of a sudden?
    Alt-Ira: I told you through private message that he is up to something.

9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Amidst the encircling low hanging gray clouds, Castle Gormengosht emerges sinister as a hideout for the nonsensical freaks.

upload_2018-7-15_17-22-25.png

On a dark and stormy Sunday ...

Alt-Vis: What is that silly transposition from Gormenghast to Gormengosht? Are you dyslexic?
    Alt-Ira: Gosht ..gosht ..as in mutton ..as in mutton biryani ..how inventive ..the slaughter house Castle Gormengosht to distinguish from the other dilapidated Castle Gormenghast.
    Alt-Vis: Does your cord-fed brain ever think beyond food?
    Alt-Ira: Absolutely! Beyond food is more food.

Alt-Sri: I heard someone singing.
    Alt-Ira: That is AV singing "When dark clouds fill your skies, hiding sunshine from your eyes"
    Alt-Sri: Beautiful. What were you singing?
    Alt-Ira: I was singing the Scotttish poem:

From ghoulies and ghosties
    And long-leggedy beasties
    And things that go bump in the night,
    Good Lord, deliver us!

Alt-Sri: To hell with your singing beastie boys! Thought you guys were discussing humps of camels. You intend to bump off a hump of a bactrian camel to pass it off as a common camel?
    Alt-Ira: No, I like this bacteria sounding tiger-mistaken camel's hide on your cow skin. I would not do anything careless to subdue that image.

Alt-Sri: Why separate prayers? Cannot you both harmonize your adoration of the Lord into a unified prayer.
    Alt-Vis: We intend to eventually 4 E Yay our individual prayers into a harmonic and common prayer. But Ira keeps insisting that she wants to retain ghoulies and ghosties and beasties in her devout swoon but nothing decorous rhymes with those ghastly names.
    Alt-Ira: Psst ..not ghastly but goshtly names ..like the mutton kebabs ..chewy mutton kebabs served with pickled onions on a leafy bed of lettuce and —
    Alt-Sri: You both make a madhouse of my prestigious undertaking.
    Alt-Ira: I should hone my singing, "Froooom ghoulies ## and ghosties ## Annnd long-leggedy beasties"
    Alt-Vis: Tell me how can anyone try to 4 E Yay into her gibberish and unmusical verse.
    Alt-Sri: I am relieved that you both hardly venture into my music undertaking. Stay put here and sing about your humps and bumps of camels and kebabs in the dark in this Castle Gorman-?-dize.
    Alt-Ira: Gosht ..gosht like mutton chops marinaded in lemon and paprika —

upload_2018-7-15_17-38-46.png

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Alt-Sri: "குறை ஒன்றும் இல்லை மறைமூர்த்தி கண்ணா
    குறை ஒன்றும் இல்லை கண்ணா
    குறை ஒன்றும் இல்லை கோவிந்தா"
    "I do not ("illai") have any ("onrum") problem ("kurai") Oh, KaNNa the vEdAs ("marai") personified ("murthi")! I do not have ("onrum illai") any problem ("kurai"), kaNNA! I do not have any ("onrum illai") complaint ("kurai"), Oh, gOvindA!"

Alt-Ira: What are you singing now?
    Alt-Sri: I have prayers of my own Ira
    Alt-Vis: Let the Scottish ghoulies, ghosties and long-leggedy beasties be set aside for the moment besides transposition from Gormanghast to Gormangosht.
    Alt-Ira: Should we go back to Bactrian Camel?
    Alt-Vis: Whether it is day or night, they have two humps.
    Alt-Sri: Shusss, Let me finish my prayers and present prasad to the Lord
    Alt-Ira: Now, talking about Prasad, makes me hungry.
    Alt-Vis: Ohh, No. Not again about the food especially Mutton Kabab.
    Alt-Sri: You can have this discussion outside my territory. I would like peace when I pray.
    Alt-Ira: 4 E Yay would have helped him understand the affects of prayers
    Alt-Vis: Back to square 1.