1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cheeniya And His Alter Ego

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya was sitting alone staring at the computer screen and running his hands aimlessly through his bald head. ‘What could have gone wrong?’ he muttered under his breath. There was a sound of someone approaching. He looked up and saw his alter ego in the mirror. He grimaced and muttered ‘He is here again’

‘Yes, I am here again’ responded the alter ego. “I have told you a hundred times that you are woefully lacking in the skill to read the mind of people’

‘I don’t want you to come here early in the morning and shoot your mouth aimlessly’ cheeniya replied in a wounded tone.

‘Why are you getting angry with me as if I am responsible for this mess?’ asked the alter ego.

‘Do you have to come here early in the morning and irritate me? Is not a man entitled for his peace and privacy?’ wailed cheeniya

‘I have not come here to cause you any mental anguish. On the contrary, I have come here to help you out of your trouble. But before that, can you tell me the cause for your present anguish?’ asked the alter ego.

‘You are the all-knowing like the Almighty. Why do you ask me?’

‘Ok. Your latest thread posted two days back has got only four feedbacks and that’s bothering you. Isn’t it?’ asked the alter ego.

‘Nothing can escape the notice of this terrible fellow. Not even my innermost feelings!’ thought cheeniya and felt even more miserable.

‘Be sensible cheeniya. You can’t blame the people for not responding to the muck you write’ said the alter ego in a direct attack.

‘It’s not muck. It’s soulful rendering of my aging process’

‘Who is interested in your aging process?’ shouted the alter ego adding ‘everyone goes bald and have a white beard at your age. You talk of it as if you have performed a miracle!’

‘I did not mean it to sound like a miracle. I just wanted people to know how such changes in our physiology should be approached. I mean how joyfully!’

‘Joyfully? You don’t give me that impression’ retorted the alter ego.

‘How does one communicate his feeling of joy? By grinning from ear to ear?’ cheeniya asked angrily. It was obvious that the dialogue with his alter ego was getting on his nerves.

‘Listen’, said the alter ego. ‘It is alright if you write about yourself once or twice. The problem with you is that if people showed appreciation for your approach to a certain subject, you get stuck with it’

‘I don’t write a long serial about any subject. Even about my growing old, this is only my third or fourth’, lamented cheeniya.

‘Third or fourth? Come on cheeniya! Grow old! Of course, I can’t even say that to you for you have grown old enough. The problem with you is that when you find a particular topic gets popular with readers, you get stuck to it like a fly in honey! It happened with your lizard series too in the past’ the alter ego pointed out.

‘As a writer, is it not my duty to give the readers what they want from me?’ asked cheeniya in a wounded tone.

‘Who told you that they wanted a serial on your growing old? Or for that matter, on the lizards that frequent your home? Show variety old man! For another six months, don’t talk of your bald hair and white beard. Remember, you got a knocked for calling a white beard as gray? I could not control my laughter!’ The alter ego started laughing uncontrollably.

‘Listen’, he continued, ’Give yourself a break. What I mean is give your readers a break!’ he chuckled and disappeared from the mirror.

messedup, sindmani, MonikaSG and 16 others like this.

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

"You?"

"Well, I am keeping an eye on you..."

"Whatcha doing?"

"I read Cheeniya's blog and don't know what to write back..."

"Is it that guy who writes about lizards and cockroaches, and when he gets bored sings about flies"

"He writes more than that, at times he also writes about rats"

"And you are someone who will write like your tongue is on fire. No sense, no structure, no restraint ...and such long feedbacks which will put his only working eye to test. You and your friends will give sesame street a run for their money"

"But ....alt-Ira ..look at this self-deprecatory style. This got to be the wittiest act in his production banner. This is so much like my taste and fun and humour. This is so much my preference"

"In between talking about lizards and roaches and flies, your group acquired 'taste' and 'preference' also?"

"Shut up! How do I respond?"

"Your usual tongue-on-fire blabbersome mile long feedback"

"No, this is special. I should do something different. Something to mark my affinity for such humour. I like such narrative spins"

"I should get going. You and your type have created a fool's paradise here that hardly anyone cares. That man writes about flying critters and this woman is tickled counting the teeth in a lizard's smile. The definition of fun is distorted here. You people should sometimes write normal and talk normal and behave normal"

"If we talk and behave normal, then we have no need for our alt-selves. Our eccentricity spawns you. Wait! I know what to do. I know how to convey that this writing is my style of fun and humour. I know how to insinuate that excitement. I know how to ....where is that rusted button..."

"You guys need a group therapy" (alt-Ira exits)

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    I remember you were saying you do not care how many FBs you receive. Why now?
    Please do not write about miracles. They happen rarely. Even if they happen people like me do not believe in most of the so called miracles. Nothing for participation or discussion. We should be able to identify ourselves at some point.
    Who said we are not enjoying? We enjoyed reading about white beard and thinning hair and laughed and laughed.
    Syamala

Kamalji likes this.
  4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    It does not matter to the superiors about the feedback for their works. Does it? I may not have written any fb to you. But I don’t like to miss out your snippets, No matter what the subjects are.

I enjoy thoroughly reading and restrain to give a feedback since I have not attained the stage yet. Please take good count on the readers list too:smiley:.

5. Cheeniya

@Iravati
    altsri: So you met her again? Isn't it the seventh time today?
    altira: Oh I am tired. Can we have a pepsi?
    altsri: Sure! My pleasure! What's the problem this time?
    altira: It's something your guy has written. She says she cannot write a FB to it.
    altsri: She getting tongue-tied is great news indeed! One more pepsi please!This is the rarest of rare occasions.
    altira: I don't know why she is so worked up. I tell you both are real nuts.
    altsri; Then why the prices of nuts are not coming down? (Laughs hysterically)
    altira: (Gives him a nasty look) Is there no way to silence these two?
    altsri: There is. Tell her silence is golden. Women are fond of gold.
    altira: I tried it. She says she has switched over to platinum!
    altsri hails the bearer and asks for two mugs of water.
    altira: Why? We just drank a glass of pepsi.
    altsri: To wash our hands off them! They have become too nutty to counsel.
    altira: OK! Thanks for the pepsi. God save the two of them!

guesshoo, satchitananda and Adamsribs like this.
  6. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234
    My dear Syamala
    I am afraid you got it all wrong. This post is not an expression of anguish regarding the number of feedbacks I get for my ramblings. Sometimes when I write about a very light subject, there may not be much scope to give a feedback and people just read it, smile and carry on with their lives. When I write on a deeper subject, people respond with their views and in turn, I answer every one of them seriously and honestly.
    To tell you the truth, I wrote this post in a lighter vein. I am a committed Rambler. Nothing can stop me, not even a 'zero' feedback!
    Sri

sangeethakripa likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

@sangeethakripa
    Dear Sangeetha
    Thanks a lot for that very reassuring statement.
    Thanks again for those words. The only correction there is that I am not a 'superior' in any sense of the term. I may be a senior here by virtue of sheer efflux of time since I started writing here. That's all!
    Sri

sangeethakripa likes this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya
    Duplicate: Have you read the latest rambling of Mr Cheeniya?
    PS: Who are you asking me this stupid question?
    Dup: Don't you know? I am your duplicate.
    PS: My duplicate! I don't have any duplicate.
    Dup: Don't get irritated. I just wanted to bring it your notice that Sri is very much depressed because he got very few fbs for his latest rambling.
    PS: Sri is depressed for getting very few fbs? What nonsense you are taliking.Bugger off from my sight. I know Sri from a long time. People long to read his posts and pester him to write frequently even after knowing his health problems. He is not that type of person to get depressed for getting fewer fbs.
    Dup: I wanted to bring it to your notice as you love to read his ramblings and now you are insulting me with harsh words. Do as you wish and I won't bother you hereafter.
    PS: Good! Take leave and move out of my sight and don't ever come back to disturb me.

PS

satchitananda and Cheeniya like this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    That is really a wonderful lesson to every one of the writers expressed in the form of 'Alt Ego'
    Even if it has been written in a lighter vein,that is the reality.
    Normally it is my tendency to write long mails and responses as I don't know to be like Thiruvalluvr.
    A few months back I recd a mail from my son which ran under the following lines.
    Dear Amma,
    The e-mail production and consumption is the single largest interruption in the entire world.
    A mail or snippet may distract or derail you ( though retired) from your current task.

The worst part is that people go through their entire day like this. No sooner are they engaged in doing something important and meaningful they get a notice that they have received a new e-mail or message.

They stop what they are doing, switch to their inbox, and read some mails contribute nothing to their current priorities or the project at hand. What makes us do this? This is border-line neurotic behavior arisen out of 'ego' of projecting one's image.

If you keep doing this long enough—let’s be honest here—it makes you stay busy all day long and you have virtually nothing to show for it at the end of the day. Can we agree to stop the madness?

I’ve recently realized I spend more time shuffling through my inbox and less time focused on the task at hand. It has become an unnecessary distraction that ultimately creates longer lead times on my ever-growing “to do” list. In the end, it doesn’t serve either of us.
    I have decided from now on wards to respond only to important
    mails and queries.If you need any urgent information, contact by phone.
    I hope you and Appa also focus on doing some essential service rather than responding to many mails and snippets from your groups or forums.
    Initially it seemed to be a cut and right letter from a child to the parents.But he proved to be correct.After following his advice, I find some time for house hold activities which I had postponed for sometime.Our children are transformed into our Gurus.

Perhaps Cheeniya's Alter Ego also have advised him from the writer's point of view.Essence is the same.

Jayasala 42

sindmani and Cheeniya like this.
  10. Cheeniya

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    Dear PS
    I am quite moved by these words of yours. At the outset, I must tell you that this post of mine was not written in anguish but in lighter vein. I have written 220 threads in the past ten years that almost works to an average of 22 threads per year. This again works out to almost two threads per month. There are threads that had over 30000 visiting it. There are threads that clocked less than 1000 views. What do I have to worry about?
    Having said that, I know I must be careful in the selection of my topics in order to ensure that the members find them interesting.
    My present thread is perhaps my reflection of my concern to ensure that I keep producing Ramblings of interest. In any case, what do I have to worry about if my Ramblings continue to interest friends like you?
    Sri