1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"checking Out" , While Being In A Relationship.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Needtobestrong, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

A male relative of mine is happily married, 2 daughters. Very pretty wife, she is so slim and looks 10 years younger than his actual age, still he doesn't hesitate to check out other ladies and flirt with them. He is very charming, and many of his female colleagues at work admire him for it. But despite that his wife who knows him well is pretty chilled out about all this and they are leading successful married life.
    My cousin was venting to me about how, during an international flight, her husband was openly admiring the pretty air hostesses. She was a little pissed but she said that all this is only temporary. If a man has truly given his heart to a woman he will love her always and these are just passing fancies.
    During my college days, I have seen male classmates openly flirting with young married female lecturers in their 20s..and never got told off or scolded for it..some of those lecturers actually enjoyed the attention that they were getting ...hehe.
    My friend who claims to be very happily married, confessed to me that she has a really big crush n the handsome paediatrician whom she consults for her toddler..she eagerly waits for all checkups and vaccinations of her baby so she can see the doc and admire him..but any interactions she has with him are strictly professional...she loves her husband, her child and family too deeply to even think of stepping the boundaries, it's just a physical attraction.
    I know of married friends who do online stalking of their ex crushes or ex BFs just to know what they are up to and to get updates of their love life, without any bad intentions..just out of attraction and curiosity.
    i feel that mind is something that won't be stable at all times, it unknowingly wavers..it's very much possible to have attraction and curiosity towards the unknown..very much possible for people in good and satisfying relationships to drool over and be extremely physically attracted and lust after others of opposite sex without any intentions of crossing boundaries by flirting, having affair etc..what say?
    FYI. Im not at all being judgemental. Just a friendly discussion in a lighter vein pls.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018