1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"checking Out" While Being In A Relationship.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Needtobestrong, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Repeated post.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

To be honest, I can't really count how many men whom I have admired and felt attracted to in the recent past. In fact, I have had serious crushes on them to the extend that I would be thinking and admiring about them for the next couple of days.
    Besides, I've also staked the on-line profiles of those boys who fell for me, and proposed and I was almost fell for them but resisted due to some or the other reasons back then. I love to check on their profiles, and if any of them happen to check with me, I would be happy to chat with them as well.
    Of course it is some nice feeling to rewind those past memories, and those cherished moments will stay in your mind for sometimes until you are caught with some or the other responsibility of your present life.

No harm in these kind of attraction, i guess. At least this happens with many, if not for all.
    It doesn't mean your present love life is in trouble or there is no satisfaction in it. It means, you are human and you are designed this way.

I love my H dearly, and I can only think of a romantic life with my H only. Besides, my love for my H is far more deeper than these kind of flirting.
    But, I do enjoy these short lived crushes to be honest.

3. Needtobestrong

Thanks for the honest reply..totally agree .
    By the way, original post is missing from this thread, because I had created same thread twice by some error., hence I deleted repeated post ..

4. Needtobestrong

Original post**********
    A male relative of mine is happily married, 2 daughters. Very pretty wife, she is so slim and looks 10 years younger than his actual age, still he doesn't hesitate to check out other ladies and flirt with them. He is very charming, and many of his female colleagues at work admire him for it. But despite that his wife who knows him well is pretty chilled out about all this and they are leading successful married life.
    My cousin was venting to me about how, during an international flight, her husband was openly admiring the pretty air hostesses. She was a little pissed but she said that all this is only temporary. If a man has truly given his heart to a woman he will love her always and these are just passing fancies.
    During my college days, I have seen male classmates openly flirting with young married female lecturers in their 20s..and never got told off or scolded for it..some of those lecturers actually enjoyed the attention that they were getting ...hehe.
    My friend who claims to be very happily married, confessed to me that she has a really big crush n the handsome paediatrician whom she consults for her toddler..she eagerly waits for all checkups and vaccinations of her baby so she can see the doc and admire him..but any interactions she has with him are strictly professional...she loves her husband, her child and family too deeply to even think of stepping the boundaries, it's just a physical attraction.
    I know of married friends who do online stalking of their ex crushes or ex BFs just to know what they are up to and to get updates of their love life, without any bad intentions..just out of attraction and curiosity.
    i feel that mind is something that won't be stable at all times, it unknowingly wavers..it's very much possible to have attraction and curiosity towards the unknown..very much possible for people in good and satisfying relationships to drool over and be extremely physically attracted and lust after others of opposite sex without any intentions of crossing boundaries by flirting, having affair etc..what say?
    FYI. Im not at all being judgemental. Just a friendly discussion in a lighter vein pls.

Star25 and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Nothing more beautiful than a man
    Looking at his beloved one when he can
    Every time going weak in the knees
    Celebrating the scars of their victories
    Nothing more beautiful than his lady bug
    Looks at another beauty and gives a shrug !

Raffaello, Star25, paru123 and 3 others like this.
  6. Needtobestrong

:smiley::grimacing::tearsofjoy:

Sandycandy likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

HonestlY,one of the reasons I find America "Marana mokka" is there is absolutely not many around to do harmless flirting,admire or jollu-fy :)).

Reason is we go in car and come in car,office to home and vice versa,family people and lack of youth and people around ha ha.Being brutally honest.there need to be people around for heaven's sake!!!!A little bit of attention makes one dress better,take care of oneself better, Have interest in life in general..apart from "yeah we need dress up and do things for our ownself".That way one need not buy clothes but admire themselves in a trial room and not buy.Cheaper and we save money.

It is fun to be admired and admire the opposite gender but with limitations.My hubby and I share openly if we find someone attractive,laugh it off and move on.We don't think too much about it and move on to do our own work.

Admiring beauty is nothing wrong and if someone says one needs to grow up,either they are "dead" internally or a hypocrite.

We dress up for ourselves but am sure no one is going to be offended if we are complimented and that compliment comes only from admiration.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Raffaello, Sandycandy, SGBV and 2 others like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Why only opposite sex or gender? How about being inclusive in dissecting the issue:

What if a woman is happily married in a good and satisfying relationship, finds herself admiring a woman in spin class at the gym or finds the woman instructor attractive and hangs around after class to chat. Or, for parent-teacher conference with a hot teacher, tells husband, 'I will go, you need not come. Why miss work.'

Should husband worry if his wife starts to admire hot women or laugh it off like he would if she admired John Abraham, Sonu Sood, Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan, Prithviraj Sukumaran, Hrithik Roshan, Kunal Kapoor or Siddharth?

Sandycandy and Needtobestrong like this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha funny... But what if the possessive husband starts to worry about his wife's sexual orientation?
    There are bisexuals, and there are women who understood their actual sexual orientation only after several years of marriage (i.e lesbians)

There are plenty of rooms to be worried about this too...

Rihana and Needtobestrong like this.
  10. Needtobestrong

Yeah I get ur point..I feel too feel very happy when I get compliments..from women and men.
    When I was working in MNC earlier, any compliment from a male colleague would boost my ego to great heights..I used to take so much efforts to dress up in latest fashion clothes , and with hairstyle, self grooming etc..now I'm home maker and wear some loose tops and pyjamas the whole day, less interaction with people so not much of chance to dress up and meet people..and with the extra kilos that I accumulated, self confidence is lacking in me.
    I confess to drooling over handsome Bollywood, Hollywood actors and regional language actors also..I would sometimes rewind romantic and intimate scenes and watch them again..hehe.
    If I meet any of my classmates or batch mates from college, any news of ex crushes from them or any mention of the popular guys of our batch would make me nostalgic..Because I'm deliberately not in touch with any of them so no direct interaction.
    I don't have that much honesty with my DH though. Don't wanna make him insecure.
    And who is getting benefited from all this?
    The cosmetics and fitness and apparel industries!!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    anika987 likes this.