Check here - the Shlokas Index

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Aug 27, 2006.

1. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'am,

Thanks a lot for compiling the shlokas in a easy to find index. Thanks to you, we have the access to powerful shlokas right at our desks. I appreciate the time & effort you've put in to make this possible.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
    Ragini.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ragini,
    Thankyou for your nice words. I enjoy doing anything, connected with shlokas !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

thanks a million chitvish it will be part of my daily prayers.

4. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Maami,

My name is Pavithra and I joined the IndusLadies forum, just a couple of days back, while searching for Shlokas. I am thanking you from the bottom of my heart for posting all those Shlokas and for your enriching spiritual articles.

A friend of mine is having family problems (not marital, as in, not with her husband and nthg to do with child birth etc), but with some of the other family members from her side (uncles, aunts, grandparents, due to some recent events in her life and no fault of hers as such).
    Is there any specific Sloka or Poojai that can be done to bring about family peace and harmony?

It is true that relatives cannot always be satisfied or kept happy. However, my friend wants to do whatever she can towards this objective.

Please guide. I will be grateful for whatever details and procedures you can provide.

Thanks
    Pavithra

5. Chitvish

Hello Pavithra,
    Welcome to I L & this forum.
    Ask your friend to chant either Vishnu Sahasranamam daily or chant atleast the first & last shlokas of soundaryalahari.
    I am thankful to you for your appreciative words.
    In a virtual forum, please feel free to call me Chithra.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Padmavathi

Padmavathi New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam,

I don't have words to explain for the work you have done. These slokas really gems for the new generation. Only thing i can tell is Thanks a lot for giving us such gems to read daily.:2thumbsup:

Padma:wave

7. Chitvish

Dear Padma,
    Your words are very encouraging. I have struggled in my younger days to get so many shlokas ! Ultimately I got them from various sources. Offering them to I L ites on a platter is my way of saying "Thankyou, God".
    Thankyou for the F B.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Thank you very much, Chithra, for your prompt reply.
    I will definitely pass on your guidance to my friend.
    Thanks again for the wonderful messages. I will be one of the regulars for your discussion thread on these topics.

Love
    Pavithra

9. Aarti

Aarti New IL'ite

Namaste Chitraji,

thank u for giving me the link. i wld go ahead and take the print-out. i could read it, so no need to send it in english.
    abt soundaryalahiri, i think what u r saying is very true. u r feelings r more important. any prayer frm the bottom of ur heart, definitely god wld listen to u. i wld start off immdtly.

deepest regards,

Aarti

10. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Re: Index - Puja format

My dear Chithra

Today I went through the sloka idex in detail and have selected some slokams for daily chanting. The slokams that you are posting are very clear and neat,along with the purpose of chanting the same. Nice to see that you are posting Soundarya lahari slokas daily, along with different pictures of Ambal. They are a real feast for our eyes.

Please accept my sinceire thanks for your wonderful services to this online community.

Love and regards
    Priya