Check Here: Early Symptoms of Pregnancy and how to test for it!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Niveditha, Oct 19, 2005.

1. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hey Pooja...Sorry that AF got you dear...!!! 5.7 is not advisable for TTC as the advised levels for the same range between 0.5 to 2.5...!!! I suffer from hypothyroidism and its been 10 long years, my levels keep fluctuating as I have PCOS too..!!! Coming to hypothyroidism the symptoms you mentioned are quite normal and also irregularity in periods...Maybe the delayed periods were a boon, in the sense that the thyroid was diagnosed and now you are medication for that...!!! Dont worry 5.7 is not much and will come down if you take the medicine regularly and take it the first thing in the morning when you wake up(empty stomach) - do not consume anything after an hour and then start..!!! You need to monitor the levels regularly i.e, once in 2 months or so or as advised by your doc...!!! Avoid sweet pumpkin, cabbage, cauliflower etc...!!!

If theres anything you want to know regarding the same, please feel free to ask and yes one more thing the elevated levels can result in early miscarriage if you conceive at elevated levels, this is what my doc told me..!!!

Good luck and hope your levels dip sooner than expected....God bless...!!!

2 people like this.
  2. poojachinoy

poojachinoy Gold IL'ite

thanks a lot jogu!!..u always turn out to help me,when i need that boost :kiss...hmm,yea,i will just keep my endo appointment,since i am ttc,so i guess he can monitor me better...i dint know we had to avoid those foods..i will from now on,thanks a lot jogu!..do you have any idea,how much time it takes for the levels to go down?..yes,after i got diagnosed with hypo,thats when the docs said that my previous miscarriage could have been due to this..apart from these whatever questions i keep getting about hypothyroidism,i will keep PM'ing you..he he,hope you dont mind...thanks again for the boost and info!..GOD bless you too and loads and loads of baby dust our way!

1 person likes this.
  3. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hey Pooja...Feel free to PM me anytime dear...would be glad to help, as I have been suffering from it for 10 years now, I know its implications and complications...!!! Yes, please consult your endo at once and start the medication as it is very important and stree free enviornment is needed for the levels to stoop down to normal...!!! Usually the levels are monitored at an interval of 2 months as the body requires atleast 2 months to get adjusted to the dose so hopefully with exact dosage it should take around 2 months...!!! It can surely be a cause of your m/c and that is why the docs advice not to TTC untill it falls in the normal range for TTC which is 0.5 to 2.5...!!!

I am here anytime you need me dear, we all are together in this and hopefully we all will be blessed soon...!!!

Take care, God bless and loads of baby dust to you also dear...!!!

4. lavypak

lavypak New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am lavy , new member of this site. i was a silent reader of this website since 1 one year. i am 24 yrs old with PCOD and hypothyroidism since 5+yrs.

I am married for one year now.

we recently planned to have baby and consulted doctor and to my suprise and gods grace i am pregnant(not tested yet) with the first try and my last period was on 19th may.
    i have below syptoms:
    Frequest urination since 3-4 days
    head ache for first 3-4 days
    back ache since 2 days
    and hunger is at peak since day 1

Will do the home test tomorrow and update the final result.

5. JaishKaran

JaishKaran New IL'ite

6. JaishKaran

JaishKaran New IL'ite

Can we do scan to know if we are pregnant in 30 days??

7. saravanitha

saravanitha New IL'ite

hi

are you pregnant now?

8. swathik22

swathik22 Junior IL'ite

Hi friends...

Am in full confusion. My last period was on Feb 2nd. In march till now, my period didnt start. I have sore breasts (very little. not paining very much. but definitley paining more than what i feel during PMS). I had never ever been late in my entire life. I was always early. And very regular too. Apart from sorebreast i dont have any symptom.
    I am not sure whether to take the preg test or not. I am afraid that it may come negative.
    Surprising fact is exactly a week back i was prescriber pelvic ultrasound due to my doctor coz i had pain in my abdomen. That time i was not screened pregnant. But just after a week i missed my period and i dont know if i am pregnant or not. Please suggest me what to do. :( :( Will taking a pregnancy test help?

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi swathik22,
    You can take a pregnancy test now. Since you have missed your periods more than a week, HPT will give you clear results. It is too early for the scan to detect the pregnancy at the time of missing periods. Only blood test or hpt can help you in this stage to clear the confusions! All the best dear! Take care.

10. charanpreet

charanpreet New IL'ite

hie friends...
    been almost 2 years since m trying to concieve finally got a positive ( cant mention how happy i was to see finally two lines on that home pregnancy kit )on 22nd of this mnth went to my gynae and when she doing my ultrasound i had a little bleeading then on her tabe only my gynae gave me around 5 to 6 tablets then and there to eat and told me to get my beta hcg test the firts test result was 63.78 then she advised me to take rest for two days and get a test done again on 24 th and she said that the HCG count should go upto 100 nd my report said my count was just 68.9... nd i started bleeding last night again for about some time with some severe pain in my back and stomach.... m so confused is all this normal or can there be some problem?? has nyone had the same problem nd had a healthy pregnancy even after this kind of situation in begining ???