Cheap airfares to India

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by blatha, Mar 18, 2009.

1. blatha

blatha Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Can any of u pls tell me the details of cheap airlines to fly to Chennai? I'm new to Dubai and want to know the economical way to fly back to Chennai. Pls let me know the name of airlines and its rough cost. Will there be any promotion during this period? I'm planning to travel by end of June.

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Hi

You can try Air Arabia from sharjah, Air india express.....the rates are very reasonable compared to other airlines....sometimes Emirates Airlines also offers special discounted rates, however such tickets cannot be refunded or cancelled if you dont travel and you will loose the entire money !!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  3. highwaystar

highwaystar Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I completely agree with Roopa; air arabia and air india express offers cheap rates always.Only thing is that for air arabia you have to go to Sharjah.But dosen't matter till its cheap airlines.Anyways you can also check with emirates flight.I haven't come across emirates being rather cheaper compared to air india express.You can also try Al Jazeera.Thats again a cheap airline and from Dubai.I mostly travel to India via Al Jazeera.But you are not provided with food in Jazeera airways but not at all a bad flight.
    Book your tickects fast as people have already started blocking for June July.

Cheers!!!
    Preeti.

4. blatha

blatha Junior IL'ite

Thanks for the info. Can u give me a rough cost in AED for the cheap flights to Chennai. I've come from Singapore, so i'm not aware of flight rates from Dubai to Chennai.

5. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi

In Emirates now it costs about 1300 return dubai / chennai / dubai. but if you book in air india express or air arabia now for a date one month away, say in mid april it might cost you about 1000 dirhams return.

6. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

7. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Latha,
    The airfares will be revised from Mid June until Mid Sept, since July/ August will be summer holidays here. Then it will not be as cheap as it is now until Mid Sept.

Regards
    USHA

8. marialatha

marialatha Junior IL'ite

Hey Ladies..

Just try checkn Jet airways, they are pretty cheap as Air India, Indian Airlines and Air Arabia.. and they also have good food on board and you can watch movies of your choice in Hindi, Tamil, English etc...

They have something called as the web specials if you opt for it you end up paying somthing close to about 950 or 1000 dhrs for your tickets to and fro.. so a good deal i guess provided you travel during that time as this web specials ticket does not have a refund on cancellation.. so just check out and worth a deal if you are sure to fly on that dates..

Cheers
    Maria