1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

chatting on the net gave me a new life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, May 29, 2009.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear ILites,
    This is my first blog here.Fate dealt me a big blow 2 decades back by making me deaf one fine morning.I won't bore you with the details of how and why i became one.It changed my perception of people and their behaviour towards me.So i shunned people and I was afraid to meet anyone outside my family.This state of affairs continued for half of a decade.Then a chance reading of an advt in The hindu about rediff chat ,brought me to the rediff site .I was a novice about chat and its perils or benefits whatever you wish to call it.But when i entered a chat room and can read others talk there just made me feel like a normal hearing person.I got hooked to it and started chatting there.The downside of it is people took me a for a loose woman and started misbehaving which depressed me no end too.Fortunately for me there are some guys and girls who are decent and they have become my friends .Chatting for one hr on the net daily became the highlight of my day.It gave a real boost to my confidence with people treating me like one of them and my fear of people lessened somewhat.After i turned deaf I fumbled to get the rightwords out too in real life .But this chatting experience made me feel better and i started talking normally .Hope i haven't bored you with my blog.

2. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

hi dear dw
    i totally am with you i also am one of your chat friend from rediff and honestly till you have expressed about your deafness in indus site i never knew of it
    we have been chatting for years now earlier in rediff then in yahoo but i am really amazed that you have managed it very well that a person like me who has chatted hours together with you couldnt get a wink of it
    hats off to you
    yes chat rooms especially our hyd rediff chat room was a great one and i do miss it and chat frns there we did have a great time for around 3 -4 years isnt it
    love
    radz

3. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Thank you rv. I am grateful to you all for making my life even if unknowingly too a better one and me a better person.

4. supraja

supraja Bronze IL'ite

hi Vijji garu really my heart melted away by reading this blog.........i am there for u to share your felling and be your friend........whish u all the best...

5. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

sweet of you to say so supraja,thanks

6. Thanajmaan

Thanajmaan New IL'ite

hey..i think u shud try lipreading...as until 2 yrs ago u had hearing...i hv seen people who've always been deaf lip read and answer..atleast u can talk...god is great..hey..do tell us what happened...if any of the reasons can point out any symptoms to others, it'd be very helpful...keep writing...

7. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

I can lipread well thanaajamaan.It isn't 2 years but 20 years since i lost my hearing.i wil try to write what you requested.
    thanks for peeping in

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    Chatting as you said at times you come across wild characters, but at times you get good friends. All i can say is you are no different than others, many will accept you as you are.
    I would consider myself lucky to be your friend,not out of pity , but out of admiration and also would share women typical women stories.
    Jaya

9. Thanajmaan

Thanajmaan New IL'ite

amazing..20 yrs!!! woah..but guess what , at least u didnt have to listen to all the rotten music thats out these days...im just trying to lighten ur situation...hats off to u pal...

10. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear jaya mam,
    If you chat on YM ,please PM me your id ,i would love to chat with you.thanks a lot for your offer.
    vijji