1. Need a brief review of a latest movie? You could also share review about the movie you watched today... Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Take the 100 Days Positivity Challenge : Join Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:India in press impressive not.
    Tweet of Rahul
    Modi & his dream team of economic advisors have literally turned the economy around.
    Earlier: GDP: 7.5% Inflation: 3.5% Now: GDP: 3.5% Inflation: 7.5% The PM & FM have absolutely no idea what to do next.

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

It looks like the Senate would acquit the President by Friday and the plan appears to be in place after finishing the questioning on Thursday. No amount of new release of news seems to affect this direction. The Rs are using the platform of public coverage of Impeachment proceedings successfully to create an impact in the Iowa caucus to destroy the nomination of a particular candidate even though the attempt to get a foreign country to announce an inquiry against a candidate's son didn't work. The argument "If the President does it what he believes is in the national interest including his own reelection, then, it is not an impeachable action" is going to remain in our memories for a long time to come. The history repeat itself and President Nixon said, "When a President does, then, it is not illegal".

4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Silver IL'ite

I am speechless. Its one thing for the President to be this way. But the entire republican senators running behind him, is unbelievable.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Silver IL'ite

Wow, lots happening on politics in North America.

Trump acquitted, no surprises there.

Mitt Romney, a salute to the one republic senator who took a stand. I know John McCain would have done the same if he were alive. Its a shame that the republic party has come to this.

The likes of Marco Rubio ( who wish to have a bigger political career in the future ) had the lamest of excuses. I don't want witnesses that Trump abused power because I know it is true.. But I don't want to impeach him 'cos its not impeachable according to me. ( and I won't criticize Trump on what he did 'cos I am scared of him ). So, in the end, I will do nothing while Trump feels what he did is right and continue his merry way with no fear.

6. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Silver IL'ite

On the other side is the democratic party. Their handling of things tells a lot on why the country's political system is in a pathetic situation like this. DNC is making every effort to push the front runner Sanders back, bending rules to the convenience of Bloomberg. Declaring a Buttegig victory when the complete numbers did not come out!!

Does the voice of people matter really? Are you serious about getting the right candidate DNC? You can save lot of tax payer money by not sending anyone to the election and we can have another 4 years of Trump instead of what you are trying to do ( twisting the democratic process ) .