Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I’m actually upset with that lot too. They only seem to be concerned about opposing whatever the Republicans do.
    After everything that’s happened we would think one strong candidate would be fielded who will have a unified message and clear cut policies that benefit everyone but no. I’m really unimpressed with every candidate joining the dreamer saving bandwagon but refusing to discuss the plight of those h4 kids who have the exact same issues going back to a country that they left as babies. Especially those who have other needs as well. Nobody cares about issues that are not showcased in the press. It’s all about publicity these days.

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

This guy! LOL

Untitled.png

Laks09 likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

How anyone competes with the President who behaves like a child trolling a 15 year old girl? I am disappointed with all 20 Democratic candidates presenting their case for nomination. None of them appear to be capable to survive 3 debates with the President. The only possible option for Democrats is to capture both Senate and House and turn down the President on every one of his moves in his second term. They will lose that also if they continue to have so many differences among themselves.

There is no single candidate who can capture a) Most African American votes, b) Most Hispanic votes, c) Most other minority votes, d) Women's vote, e) Most new generation votes, f) 15% swing voters in every election, g) College-educated working white voters.

Incompetent house, inability to challenge the President's denial and prevention of providing any documents to the congress, inability to stop women's pro choice rights in various states, no action on Mueller Report, inability to question various foreign policy decisions such as, Iran, pulling out of climate change accord, friendship with Russia and North Korea, not questioning Saudi Arabian Prince about the murder of Khashoggi, tie-up with Saudi Arabia and UAE for personal interest, apparent decision to give aids to Ukraine subject to investigation of Biden's son thereby preparing intervention in 2020 election, etc.

Laks09 likes this.
  4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

You cannot do much if public at large has lowered their bar so much and is willing to ignore any and everything of misdemeanors and brush it aside you really cannot do much about , just wait out for the term ends without much damage

Laks09 likes this.
  5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Well the day he was elected, they said US as well as the world is finished, white supremacy and what not; beyond the media's narrative I don't see anything like that happening- in fact quarter to quarter, he keeps the GDP growth sustained.

The way he trolls the environment kid or the Trump tower in Greenland: It seems he knows what he's doing/saying.

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It is impossible for the Democrats to do anything because they don't have the Senate and the GOP has closed ranks to put up an impenetrable fortress around Trump. They simply show contempt for anything the Democrats ask for and have abandoned all pretense of rule of law. Trump continues to behave with impunity because no one is standing in his way.
    As for saying that none of the Democratic candidates are all that great we are again falling into the trap of making perfect the enemy of good. The next President is the one who can figure how to tip the Electoral college their way. It's not going to take a vast amount of votes to do that. I'm voting blue no matter who.

Viswamitra and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

As of now it's Elizabeth Warren for me. The more I listen to her, the more I like her.

Viswamitra and MalStrom like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am voting blue irrespective of the nomination as well but I am worried about electability of almost all of them in certain swing states. I welcome if the next Commander-in-Chief is a woman. With Florida, Georgia, Arizona and Colorado in play to likely become a blue state, Rust Belt states margins are slowly becoming irrelevant.

9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

What do you guys think about impeachment inquiry ... is it of any use or will go the Mueller report ... all hype
    No outcome ....

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It's unlikely the impeachment inquiry will go anywhere. The Meuller report was completely distorted and misrepresented by the White House and GOP. It's going to be deja vu and give Trump a chance to keep whining loudly about being victimized.

armummy likes this.