Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Laks09, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@justanothergirl had a signature that incidentally is also President Obama's favorite quote. If my two favorite people like it you can imagine how much I love it. : )

“Evil may so shape events that Caesar will occupy a palace and Christ a cross, but that same Christ will rise up and split history into A.D. and B.C., so that even the life of Caesar must be dated by his name. Yes, ‘the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.’” - Dr Martin Luther King

(The quote inside the quote was coined by a 19th century clergyman Theodore Parker.)

Today, Caesar is in the palace and the unworthy rule, but as long as the good people don't stop speaking up there is always hope. It might get dark and depressing before the sun rises again, but in the end it always does.

kaniths, Viswamitra and Laks09 like this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks!!!! I need this. Silver lining is that all this aggression made me run 53 mins with a couple of one min breaks :)

Btw, did you know that Canadians are working towards a better immigration policy for children with disabilities? I believe they passed a ruling a couple of months ago making it possible for parents having children with disabilities to qualify for permanent immigration. I didn’t know that. A friend is moving to Canada and she sent me the info. She doesn’t have a GC here and people going for GC interviews are already being questioned about their kids disabilities in detail. She had to prove that they aren’t taking state services for their citizen dd on the spectrum. Like TX has any!!
    Anyway, the Canadians are at least doing the right thing. Hopefully some of the EU nations will follow.

Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Flake has predictably flaked.

Laks09 likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

We need to write an excellent speech and send it to Senator Coons as Senator Flake only listens to his boyfriend.

Laks09 and MalStrom like this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It's over. The only thing left is to show up on Nov 6.

Viswamitra and Laks09 like this.
  6. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

I feel demoralized that in spite of so much noise, they went ahead anyway.

So we have a President who evades taxes, his base ignores.
    He mimics victims, his base claps.
    Rs bring the worst candidate forward (come on, there are good ones even in conservatives) , the vote moves forward.

I usually don't wish ill to any one but today I am wishing that some of those scums fall severely sick today to not attend the vote tomorrow.

But if the confirmation happens, I am a half full optimistic guy, so hoping that Brett K becomes the judge we deserved and not the judge Trump hoped. (Remember that Anthony Kennedy had become mostly right leaning in past 6 years and was not the swing vote, so it is not end of world).

Gauri03, Viswamitra and Laks09 like this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Bye bye Roe VS Wade! It was nice while you lasted.

MalStrom and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Viswamitra

5-4s from now on.

Gauri03 and Laks09 like this.
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Actually 6-3. The prospect of the GOP finding a replacement for RBG is too horrifying to contemplate.

10. Viswamitra

Let us hope to turnaround the House and the Senate in 2018 and then replace the President in 2020.

Gauri03 likes this.