1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 16 Daddy Returns A Serial Story By Sho

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by shobimanju, Dec 16, 2011.

1. shobimanju

shobimanju Bronze IL'ite

Chapter 16

Both of them looked at each for few seconds. Nick could not believe the grandpa here in front of him is only a spirit. He had a big thud when he heard his grandpa saying he is no more. Though he understood the meaning that his grandpa is no more in the world means he’s dead. He was not afraid instead he felt a pain in him “my grandpa can’t die”. He’s so good. He had known him only for an evening still he loved his grandpa. He understood how his family must be feeling. He could not think more, as his grandpa continued

“Nick, she keeps chanting this…day and night even in her dreams. Since that unfortunate day Sona gets this dream. She gets the dream about those days and finally ends up weeping for the dreadful incident.

I … I I’m always with them, looking at them helplessly looking at them crying. How do I show my presence? They can’t see me nor can they feel me. How unfortunate we are? “

He sobbed. He didn’t bother to close his face. He wept.

“Nick, you know I had never let them cry. Never let them feel sorry for anything. Oh! Nick, my dear ones are crying so much dear but I’m helpless. Many times they speak out as though they are talking to me but dear though I stand next to them to listen they don’t realize. What an irony? I don’t understand why this irony too? The fact that I’m dead is struck them so badly Nick that they are failing to feel my presence, in the other way. If that barrier is removed they will be able to see me Nick…”

He held the little palm tighter but carefully that it should not hurt him and looked at him, his savior. Nick did understand. He also understood he is the only one who can help him and he will do it.

Looking at the boys determined face he felt as though his problem is solved already. He could even smile back at him. He softly pulled his hands out and wiped out the tears on little cheeks.

Finally he opened his mouth and asked

“I feel very sorry for you grandpa. But I will certainly help you grandpa. What shall we do? Where are they? Are they very far from here, grandpa?”

Ah! There he is already into his helping operation… grandpa smiled and said

“No dear, Sona is here, quite near to your place. Not knowing the way to make them understand, I had almost lost my hope dear. Then one day it struck me if not they someone should be able to see me. So it’s then I started looking out for people who can look at me or feel me.”

He carefully lifted Nick’s chin more up towards him and gently run his fingers through his hair and said

“Nick, you were the one to look at things as it is … I mean … you looked at nature with its eyes … Nick you saw everything, to be precise, you wanted to see everything and that’s why you saw me hmm? You are special Nick... you are my Savior.”

Even more softly he leaned towards him and kissed on his fore head. Nick with all his might flung his hands around his grandpa and hugged him tight and whispered

“Grandpa, Will you leave me and go away..?”

The boy sobbed. Grandpa sobbed. Both of them cried. After a while both of them hushed away their tears and looked at each other. He smiled at the little boy. Still wondering the closeness they had developed for each other. He then asked

“Nick, after knowing everything about me aren’t you afraid of me?”

Nick came close and looked straight into his grandpa’s eyes and said

“No grandpa, I’m not. But grandpa will you promise me one thing?”

“What is it dear? I will”

“Please don’t go away from us grandpa will you?”

He pulled him close and remained like that for minute and he also softly whispered into his ears

“No dear I will not. I can’t leave you and go away. I promise”

They gazed at each other for sometime and burst into laughter. He could see the happiness in grandpa’s eyes. He was excited too and waited eagerly for the dawn. For the dawn, which grandpa was waiting for, all these years.

Finally, it does gonna happen through this small boy. The super boy, whom he felt was his savior.

Shobana Manjunath

will conclude tomorrow....

2. SujySreeram

SujySreeram Silver IL'ite

Oh Dear Shobana...Your story contains so much love.its heartwarming.Your way of narrating story is excellent.:thumbsup

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Beautiful narrated .... Nick is really a brave boy....

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  4. shobimanju

shobimanju Bronze IL'ite

thnku sujy today u ll get knw the conclusion... hope u enjoy that too...

shobimanju

5. shobimanju

shobimanju Bronze IL'ite

thanku shanti today hope u enjoy the conclusion tooo ...

shobimanju