1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 15 Daddy Returns A Serial Story By Sho

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by shobimanju, Dec 15, 2011.

1. shobimanju

shobimanju Bronze IL'ite

Chapter 15

“Please come back….”

Grandpa shrugged his shoulders and pulled his eyes from the sky and turned to Nick, he was still and speechless but was looking at grandpa. He was crying too. Not bothering to wipe off he stretched his hands out to his grand pa

He had told everything. Every thing about his family. His lovely family. He was trembling still with his irresistible thoughts. His lips quivered when he said

“I knew I was becoming ill Nick. I was going to the hospital too. Before things could get worsened I wanted to go to the hospital. But on the way I lost dear, lost my control. I fell on the road unconscious. After some time I regained myself and somehow reached one of my relative’s house. They hospitalized me immediately. I was only worried that my family would be scared if such a message goes to them. So I said I myself will go home and get treated over there. But doctors didn’t agree to that. I think it was too late by then. I had not realized that.”

“So many things were done over me, injections, medicines, tubes etc. Was it so serious? I was afraid. I was afraid for my loved ones. What will they do? How will they come? Will they be scared?”

“I was constantly thinking about them. So much that I didn’t even realize every thing had gone beyond the limits. I was losing my conscious every now and then. I thought it to be like that too. I wanted to go see them, be with them and console them. Everything will be alright don’t worry was that all I wanted to tell them”

“Nick, they were coming in the car, as I had thought they were very, very nervous and scared and tensed. I was repeatedly calling them. Calling my wife, my daughter, my brave little daughter she is Nick, but then… then she was folding her hands and with her eyes closed was pleading. Pleading for my life.”

“I’m sitting next to her and trying to console her still she was crying and Nick she was… she was becoming so restless I couldn’t bear anymore. I couldn’t see her like that. “

“I called my wife to console her. There she was praying on her behalf. She was not responding too.”

“I turned to my other daughter, what’ll happen to her she is very timid by nature. I rushed to her. Poor girl was holding one of my old diary and sitting. I went close to her only to see her crying too. She was touching my name written on the diary and crying. I asked her not to cry. I told her to go to her mother and sis and console them. Ask them to stop crying. To my dismay, she was not responding too.”

“Oh my god! My family is crying please, please stop them. Why aren’t they responding to me? “

“When I turned to my wife again, she was sitting in front of the doctor holding her chest. The doctor was saying.”

“She doesn’t have her father anymore…”

“I stopped. I looked at myself. I saw my daughter. She was looking at me on the bed. I was lying down there. I realized. I looked at her but now helplessly. She slowly walked towards my bed and called

“Daddy….”

“I broke.”

“My kid broke too”

“I rushed like a mad to all corners to help them. To tell them I’m there. To tell them I’ll not go away. They need not cry. But they could not hear me nor could they feel me. I’m sorry dear I’m no more. No more to help you.”

“The dreadful fact was hitting me from all corners”

“But each time my kid calls me I run to her Nick, only to stand by her and look at her cry. All these years I’m doing that and will keep doing that hence forth too. One day my beloved would certainly realize my presence”

“All they have to do is take away the thought that I’m not there with them. If they look at with the hope that I’m there they will surely be able to see me and feel me. It’s for that I was searching for a person who can see me and … and I found you at last.”

“Nick, will you help me, please?”

He slowly, shakily walked towards him and sat next to him. He put his trembling hands on the little palm. Nick held them tight and nodded his head. As though he understood all his feelings and he did too.

Shobana Manjunath

will continue tomorrow....

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sad to read the oldies story.

Is Nick his grand child???

1 person likes this.
  3. SujySreeram

SujySreeram Silver IL'ite

What will happen next ? Waiting for the next episode...

1 person likes this.
  4. shobimanju

shobimanju Bronze IL'ite

hai suji you ll get the reply soon today n tomorw u get to knw evrthng

1 person likes this.
  5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

so sad............

Shanti