1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter 13 Daddy Returns a Serial Story By Sho

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by shobimanju, Dec 13, 2011.

1. shobimanju

shobimanju Bronze IL'ite

Chapter 13

I got a call to come back home immediately. As soon as I reached home mummy asked me to arrange for a taxi. Totally confused

“Why mummy, where are we going? What has happened and to whom?”

Fear picked me too. I have never seen her like that tensed and restless.

“It seems…. It seems daddy is not well and he’s been hospitalized”

It just took few seconds for her to utter the words but my mind had traveled miles and miles away but still blank if I tried to recollect what I had thought of I knew nithing. Abruptly cut off with her words I opened my mouth wide but could speak no words. I only felt my body becoming chill and cold.

I didn’t realize how things went on but after few minutes we were traveling me, mummy, my aunt and my friend. It takes two hours for us to reach the place. Two long hours, we felt the car wasn’t moving at all.

“Please, go fast...”

Was that all we could say but repeatedly. The journey was so silent but heavy. Every body was speechless lost and locked with our own thoughts and prayers. Prayers, how much time? How many gods? Had any heard us I did not know but continued so that we keep ourselves up...

It was 9 40 at night I wasn’t sure how long more to go but I… I lost my control, became so restless so much that I wanted to open the door and run away. If only I had known the way I would have run away. I was just unable to bear the uneasiness. Joint hands closed eyes “God please please, please save my daddy please save my daddy….”

Finally, we were there in the hospital in front of the doctor too. He himself took us to my daddy my daddy oh god he was lying down eyes closed tubes every where mouth slightly open and slight marks of blood around his teeth. He took both of us close to him and whispered

“Daddy… “

My mom slowly touched him kept looking at him may be she couldn’t utter even a word. How long few seconds… minutes ….? Doctor turned us and took back to his desk.

He cleared his throat and called my mom

“Ma’m … you should understand what I am going to say.”

“Actually he was brought to the hospital around seven o clock.. When we checked his heart was 90% blocked already. He had had heart attack twice by then. We tried the maximum we could, ma’m but he didn’t give us much time midst of the treatment around 9 15 he had another massive attack which he could not survive. Around 9 : 40 he stopped for ever. Hope you understand the situation and got to be braver. Look at your daughter she doesn’t have father if you break down like this then your daughter will not have a mother’s support too so please cope up and support her. She needs you doesn’t she...”

I shifted my eyes from him to my mother she was leaning back on the chair holding her heart all my uncles aunts surrounding her. I turned to my dad he was lying down eyes closed tubes every where mouth slightly open…

Daddy…

daddy…daddy… daddy….

Shobana Manjunath

will continue tomorrow....

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh this is so sad....
    he was so happy that his daughter was getting married and this has to happen???

3. shobimanju

shobimanju Bronze IL'ite

Hai Arunarc

Thanku fr being with me this long pls do continue your support through out ..

thanku agin

And regardg ur comment it had happened may be thats why the story arouse...

regards

shobimanju

4. SujySreeram

SujySreeram Silver IL'ite

so sad...how happy the three were.