Changing the color of the saree

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by sugansat, Dec 16, 2011.

1. sugansat

sugansat New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I bought a new silk saree with Temple border. It was Mango yellow with Green and Maroon mix border.

While buying due to the lights inside the shop the yellow was not looking too bright. But now the yellow looks very bright and I have stitched the blouse already. So can't return the saree also.

Please advise me how can I change the color of the saree without damaging the border. I am from Bangalore, so I need a good place to do this change of color.

or any other suggestion to make the saree beautiful.

Thanks in advance.

Sugansat.

2. believegod

believegod Junior IL'ite

i dont know about changing the color..

but u can do some printing on that so that the color doesnt look very bright. Many of them do these printing in bangalore. u can chk with them ..

3. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Dyeing spoils the texture of the saree. Yes you can try block printing on the saree. In chennai Ramlok does printing and dyeing. I don`t know about B`lore.

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Certain drycleaning shops sometimes do dyeing as well. You could check with the drycleaner in your locality. Just an idea, there are dupatta shops which dye dupattas in the colour of your choice - maybe that is good place to check as well.

Sindhu