Changing Job Or Employer In Dubai

Discussion in 'Indians in Dubai' started by Nishap, May 22, 2016.

1. Nishap

Nishap New IL'ite

Dear All,

We are moving to UAE on husbands residence permit, just wondering if he is
    allowed to change employer in UAE ?
    or changing employer is very difficult?

If I am allowed to work in UAE or have to apply for another work permit ?

Thanks
    Nisha

Shivani2009 likes this.

2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Yes he can change employers, if he is lucky to get jobs in current market scenarios! :)

Yes you can work in Dubai, if your dh is your visa sponsor then he will have to give a noc - no objection certificate to the company you have been recruited. But check with the employer / their hr in prior about the process, might differ...

Scenario 2 : Since you are sponsored by your dh, if he switches employers then with in a month he should be able to get his work permit from the new employer. In this meantime your sponsorship might be invalid, so clarify / discuss the same in prior, with your employer if youyr dh plans to switch...

Scenario 3 : if your dh loses his job, in an unlikely situation, he cannot sponsor you and you might lose your job as well or will have to (re)apply a new visa with work permit if your employer can arrange the same. If you still have time to move to Dubai, check job opportunities via bayt or other online job portals, find a job for yourself, have your own work visa, so you can sponsor your dh while he is looking for new jobs (in the unlikely event of being jobless) but otherwise all is cool! :)

Welcome to Dubai! :)

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  3. Nishap

Nishap New IL'ite

Thanks Kaniths !

few more questions -

Q1. If NOC from previous employer is no longer required in UAE (in my husbands case)?

Q2. If the previous employer can put some restrictions (say 1 year ban) for not entering in UAE ?

Q3. If I have to get my edu certificates legalized from embassy to work in UAE ?

Q4. while on husband's family visa, can I request my potential employer for my separate work permit ?
    This will ensure that we can stay in UAE even if hubby loses job :)

Q5. In the worst scenario, for how many days/months we can stay in Dubai after losing job ?

Sorry to bombard you with questions :)

Nisha

4. Nishap

Nishap New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Please can someone reply ?
    Help appreciated :)

Thanks
    Nisha

5. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Nisha

Answers are highlighted in Bold :

Q1. If NOC from previous employer is no longer required in UAE (in my husbands case)? NOC Is majorly not needed

Q2. If the previous employer can put some restrictions (say 1 year ban) for not entering in UAE ? Some do , some don't

Q3. If I have to get my edu certificates legalized from embassy to work in UAE ?You will have to , one from MOFA for sure.

Q4. while on husband's family visa, can I request my potential employer for my separate work permit ?
    This will ensure that we can stay in UAE even if hubby loses job :) You can , but work permit only will not be sufficient and companies prefer wives on husband's visa coz it saves them potential money in terms of housing , insurance , Children Education and so on.

Q5. In the worst scenario, for how many days/months we can stay in Dubai after losing job ? About one month

Sorry to bombard you with questions :)

Hope it helps !

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  6. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

even in husband's sponsorship, work permits are a must.

in case of husband's loss of job, you can't stay with work permit - your employer has to provide you a visa to stay.