Changes in Forum homepage - Hope you all like it!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by IL_Admin, May 6, 2011.

1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

As you entered our site today, you should have noticed the changes in our forum homepage. We made a few minor changes in our site. Many of those changes are not big enough to warrant an announcement by itself. However, to keep our members informed of those changes, we are starting this thread.

You all would be wondering about the missing sub-forums !!

With our community growing everyday with more members, posts, threads and blogs, we needed to take one step ahead for the development of the community. Hence we have merged few sub-forums which are less active and have renamed some of the forums.

Following is a quick summary of the new changes made in the forum homepage:

• Indian Beauty Tips – ‘Nail care, eye care, foot care, general beauty care, unwanted hair removal’ sub-forums has been merged with ‘Body care’ sub-forum.
    • Indian Fashion Trends – ‘Jewellery’ sub-forum has been merged with ‘cosmetics & fragrances’ sub-forum and ‘Apparel’ sub-forum has been merged with ‘General fashion trends’ sub-forum.
    • Health & Wellness – ‘Bone & Joint problems, Brain & Mental Health, Heart & Respiratory health, metabolic disorders’ sub-forums has been merged with Miscellaneous Health issues sub-forum.
    • Marriage, Spouse & In-Laws – ‘Me and My Spouse’ sub-forum has been merged with ‘Married life’ sub-forum.
    • Pregnancy, Labor & Delivery – ‘Labor & delivery’ and ‘Post-pregnancy care’ sub-forums has been merged and renamed as ‘Labour & Post Natal Issues’
    • Religion & Spirituality – ‘Temples & Deities’ and ‘About Saints & spirituality’ has been merged and renamed as ‘Religious places & Spiritual people’.
    • Indian Recipes – ‘Indian Regional Recipes’ and ‘Indian Festival Recipes’ has been merged and renamed as ‘Cuisines of India’; And the rest of the sub-forums of Indian recipes has been merged and renamed as ‘Recipe central’
    • Ideal Indian Home – ‘House construction & improvement’ and ‘Home Decoration’ sub-forums has been merged and renamed as ‘Home Decoration & Improvement’; And ‘Cleaning & Organizing’, ‘Shoppers’ stop for Kitchen & House hold items’ sub-forums has been merged and renamed as ‘Beautiful Home & Spotless Kitchen’
    Hope you all like these kind of groupings and find the forum more organized !!

Please provide your comments and feedback in this thread.

Thank you.

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi IL Admn,

Am glad to be first here.

Actually from the time our site got a new face (home page) itself I have been wanting to congratulate you for that. And now especially for the re-organised and well grouped forums and sub-forums.

I feel very proud to be part of this IL community and even more proud for the new look of Indusladies.

Let us all strive together to give qualitative contributions and thus invite more new members into our fold.

3. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Hi there.

Too early for me to comment but change is always welcome for the better.

Since last week - you have removed the Todays Posts under the Quick Links.

That was really a useful feature - enables you to watch all in one place - New Posts, New Threads and any post including your own & others.

But now you will have to go to different places - that is very inconvenient.

Not sure how many used that - to me that was the easiest & the best feature.

I request re-introducing that feature.

4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

ADMIN
    Welcoming the changes.Great Going!!!!!
    Thanks.

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Dear IL_Admin,

I appreciate the changes made by IL and the strategy taken to organize things in the forum. Yes, me too miss the 'Today's posts' link and it took 2 days for me to figure out the 'New -Posts' link:hide:

6. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Dear IL admin

The changes was very good than before.I liked it very much.Expecting more changes like this

The main Page of IL you updated was awesome.All the best:thumbsup

Some changes are good.Nice forum home page.:rotfl

7. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

Hi IL_Admin,

Appreciate for the changes that you had brought it. But even I miss the "Todays Posts" from Quick Links.

Would be glad if you could put back that as it was definitely helpful for me.

8. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

I miss "todays post" in "quick links" which was very much convenient, i felt. Please bring it back.

9. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

yes, i gree with natpudan and other ilites. thats very easy way to get all new posts etc. plaese put it back.

10. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Regarding missing 'Today's post' option:

A special thanks to injustice and Natpudan for bringing this to our attention. Our technical team is looking into it. We assure you that the issue will be fixed at the earliest.