Change Is Necessary

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by nandinimithun, Oct 4, 2017.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I received the below as a forward.... Loved it and hence sharing it....

YES, I AM CHANGING!

Days slip into weeks, weeks turn into months and months transform into years. Calendars are changing and so am I.

Yes, I am changing.
    In certain things age has mellowed me down, in others I have become more aggressive . Sometimes I find myself acting very wisely and sometimes I just go crazy. Certain issues will have me speaking vociferously whereas at other issues I just shrug and remain silent.

Yes, I am changing! After loving my parents, my siblings, my friends, now I have started loving myself.

Yes, I am changing.
    I just realised that I am not “ Atlas ” and the world does not rest on my shoulders.

Yes, I am changing.
    I have now stopped bargaining with the poor vegetable and fruit vendors. After all, a few rupees more is not going to burn a hole in my pocket but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.

Yes, I am changing.
    I pay the auto wallah / cab wallah and walk away without waiting for the change.The extra money might bring a smile on his face.After all he is toiling much harder for a living than me.

Yes, I am changing.
    I have stopped telling the elderly that they have already narrated that story many a times.After all, the story makes them walk down the memory lane and relive the past.

Yes, I am changing.
    I have learnt not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. After all ,the onus of making everyone perfect is not on me.Peace is more precious than perfection.

Yes, I am changing.
    I give compliments freely and generously now . After all its a mood enhancer not only for the recipient but also for me.

Yes, I am changing.
    I have learnt not to bother about my creased shirt or mismatched dupatta. After all, personality speaks louder than appearances.

Yes, I am changing.
    Nowadays I don't bother if my eyebrows are not done or fine lines are showing on my forehead. After all beauty of my soul outshines the beauty of my face.

Yes, I am changing.
    I am learning not to let others make me feel incompetent.After all I am not only what they see in me. I might not be good at certain things but I am excellent at others.

Yes, I am changing.
    I walk away from people who don't value me.After all, they might not know my worth, but I do.

Yes, I am changing.
    I remain cool when someone plays dirty politics to outrun me in the rat race.After all I am not a rat and neither am I in any race.

Yes, I am changing.
    I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. After all it's my emotions that make me human.

Yes, I am changing.
    I now tell people if I like them.After all ,there is nothing wrong in liking someone.

Yes, I am changing.
    I have learnt that its better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. After all, my ego will keep me aloof whereas with relationships I will never be alone.

Yes, I am changing
    .I demand for whatever is due to me.After all, accepting injustice is almost as bad as doing injustice.

Yes, I am changing.
    I have learnt to live each day as it were the last.After all, it might be the last .

Yes, I am changing.
    I am doing what makes me happy.After all, I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to me.

And I am loving the new me!

bmaquarius, jskls, mushroomm and 10 others like this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Truly beautiful changes and definitely for the better. Loved every line of it too, and hope to be able to follow them at all times. Thanks for sharing:)

3. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Its such a nice writeup..Was feeling low now..After reading this, feel clear about certain things..

4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Change that comes from within , by realisation that such a change is necessary , that change works wonders .
    Trying to Change merely on someone's advice to please them or out of fear brings no longlasting improvement at all.

nandinimithun likes this.
  5. nandinimithun

I completely agree.... Change needs to come from within, not out of fear or compulsion....

6. nandinimithun

Am glad you are feeling better now

joylokhi likes this.
  7. nandinimithun

I loved it too, yes I wish am able to remember and follow at most of the times.

joylokhi likes this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing the forward message on change. If we keep trying to follow at least some of the changes mentioned in the post, we can bring change in our life to be a better human.
    PS

teenulahari and nandinimithun like this.
  9. nandinimithun

Cant agree more

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I wish there is a method if some one can make international Mothers-in-law to study these and follow suit. If even 50% these 20 changes suggested is adopted by MILs all across globe, peace would prevail day in and day out. then one would worry about which MIL would get Nobel for making the world so peaceful.
    2. If every Dil starts thinking and working as if it is going to be her last day, I shudder to think what will happen to family life the world over.. probably without fights - life will become monotonous if not dull.
    Thank you.
    God Bless us all.
    PS: Today's DIL is 'morrow's MIL!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017