Chandigarh Ladies - Meet here!

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    my husband is from Amritsar,i am from H.P.after marriage in 2003 i have lived in Chandigarh till this march.as this is my 1st time oversees stay i miss India & CHD very much espically sec 17&lake.
    have any one of u been to sec 23 chaat house.i miss those golgapps very much.just mentioning it has started my mouth watering.

2. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi friends

i am a core Chandigarhian and work for an IT firm there too. My parents and in-laws are also in Chd.

Leena, Chd has a changed face now. With the SEZ in Kishangarh, things have been upbeat lately. The FR (Fun republic) has become a hot spot, not to mention the Taj and the long line of Sec 35 hotels. trafiic is many-folds now and fashion is also qiote modern. you need a trip lady... you'll feel the difference instantly!

Love
    Charu..

3. psg6266

psg6266 New IL'ite

This is very old track but for information, We are at Chandigarh ( butiful citi), Sector 17 is very importaant now with lot of rush in evenings. Lake is fine, IT Prk has come up at Kishangarh towards Mansa Devi Temple. It has become the costlier citi in India to live. Sector-23, chat shop is there. Lots of housing Societies hv come up but accomodation is not cheap. Any frend needs more information, please advise.

4. psg6266

psg6266 New IL'ite

Re: Anyone from Chandigarh?

Hi Kanu,

V r at Chandigarh and originaly belong to Bankhandi on way to Dharamsala or Palampur. Just 8 kms ahead of Dehra on the banks of Beas river. I generaly go thru Palampur ( now a commercial citi) with lot of traffic which is now everywhere.

Weather this time is so so and not chilier (cold). Due to worldwide depression, same is being experienced here also. You inter acted long back but if u just see mi message, be kind enough to seek anyother information u want. Thnx ::::::::

5. Mahajanpragati

hi psg,
    even i am from palampur (sula) Its small world.all my relative there.i too have spent 3 yrs in dharamshala studying .
    after marriage came to chandigarh
    pragati

6. lillylotay

lillylotay New IL'ite

I am from chandigarh sector 15. Studied in GCG sector 11, graduated in 1986.

7. psg6266

psg6266 New IL'ite

Hi Pragati g,

Hu r u ! No msg for a long period. I cud nt interact on IL becose of ilness of mi mom and now she is no more. We were confined so much to take care of her continuously for around two years that we used to sleep turn by turn. She was diabetic and suffered but we tried to make her comfortable til we cud.

Ok. Election time in India for Parliament. 2maro is last day & results on 16th. We in India suffer maximum due to these politicians and elections which are at multiple levels; MC, State, & Central. I remember Sulah near to Palampur on narrow gaue railway line in lush green environment. Gud place but for growth, we people are out. We still try to visit native place and enjoy calm, greenery and local sweet culture of HP. Write to continue when free. Wishes,

Sincerely,

PSG & Nirmal

quote=Mahajanpragati;536658]hi psg,
    even i am from palampur (sula) Its small world.all my relative there.i too have spent 3 yrs in dharamshala studying .
    after marriage came to chandigarh
    pragati[/quote]

8. Mahajanpragati

hi psg,
    sad to hear about ur mom.God bless her soul.

ya,i call my parents daily & learnt, they were out casting their vote.
    yes,we suffer a lot because of these politicians but its we who give power to them by voting or sometimes by not voting.
    still,democracy has worked for nearly 60 yrs now, so i guess there must be something good in it.
    is Bankhandi that place where there is an ancient temple near the road side(other road goes by Jawala ji).it looks very old but the locals seem to have painted it in some bad colour which i think is banned by archeological department.

9. nidhigarg332

nidhigarg332 Senior IL'ite

HELLO THERE,
    I M NIDHI, A HOUSE WIFE
    HAPPILY MARRIED, TO PASS MI TIME I MAKE PAINTINGS LIKE
    MIX MEDIA, GLASS MOSAICS,WOODEN MURALS N POTS.etc I M
    VERY FUN LOVING N LOVE MAKING FRIENDS :cheers

10. nidhigarg332

nidhigarg332 Senior IL'ite

Hi pragti,
    this is nidhi n u are very right the chaat of 23 is really yummy
    he is very popular chaat n golgappe vala of chd since 1983