cervical mucus and abdomen pain

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Ooviya, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

any one pls clarify my doubts..

1. How to differentiate cervical mucus before ovulation and after ovulation confirm pregnancy and before periods?????

2. How to differentiate abdomen pain confirm pregnancy and before periods???? Is it left side (abdomen pain)???

3.How many days after, v can feel early symptoms of pregnancy? (other than Missed period)

4. what is meant by CONCEPTION, IMPLANTATION AND ORGASM?

2. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

hi,

Many of them - who r all pregnant well known about the above terms and situations. But y don't share and explain it for unknown persons?????? Totally disappointed!!!

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

These things are really difficult to differentiate!
    > Cervical mucus during ovultion turns from watery state to sticky stuff like the egg white. I don't know how to connect it with white discharge that happens during pregnancy!
    > Abdominal pain differs from people to people & from conditions to other! Its tough to differentiate it with your PMS & pregnancy.
    > Early pregnancy symptom? Never trust them. Most preg symptoms are common with that periods!
    > I may not come up with right terms for the last one! Check out in net!

One personal comment: Be patient. Everytime you raise a question, you need answer immeditely. Not every time things will get answers immeditely. Certain times we need to wait patiently! Don't run into conclusions. There are very little preggies come here.

4. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hi Oovia!

I'll try to answer your questions as per my knowledge or experience.....though I had an early miscarriage, but my gynec told these are (which i mentioned below) very good signs/symptoms for a healthy pregnancy.... but ofcourse they vanished slowly day by day from my 5th week onwards .... which was indication of miscarrying.....

1) cervical mucus :

before ovulation: dry to watery to sticky--- it does not stretch between 2 fingers ---white in color

during ovulation : stretchy --- kind of raw egg white-- it does stretch about an inch (not sure how much, but definitely stretch a bit, you can see this thread clearly once you stretch it) between 2 fingers---

after ovulation : again back to the kind which is before ovulation.

during pregnancy: clear and watery and also some times creamy white ---- kind of body moisturizer....

Before periods: dry or not at all

2)abdominal pain:

not sure about periods pain, since i never had one, but

in Pregnancy: kind of sharp or pinching kind of pain or cramps which lost less than a second. not only one side, different place each time anywhere in the abdomen.

3) early preggo symptoms:

for me i felt a week after i missed my period. and having watery discharge and some times creamy discharge and often sharp pain kind of pinching for less than a second. severe belch, bloated stomach, looking fairer. bitter mouth, feeling to have sour foods and severe constipation. i never felt nausea. depends on person, it will vary from each person.

Please make sure the above mentioned are from my personal experiences which i have at the time of, it may differ from person to person, you may have different symptoms, always better to see a doctor.

4) not sure though but in my knowledge:

conception: meeting sperm with egg in the fallopian tube

implantation: the dividing cells which are making up an embryo in the uterus after they traveled through fallopian tube.Generally it takes 6-12 days after conception.

Orgasm: can not give proper meaning but will try,

the feeling when a women or male having while their sexual activity is at climax. Hope you got it.....if not google it you can find exact answers.

Vasumathy! If I mentioned anything wrong, please correct me.
    [/JUSTIFY]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  5. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhavani,

Thank u so much for ur detailed reply and spent ur precious time for me!:)

Hi Vasu mam,

Due to my situation, i urged. More of them visited, but no reply. I correct it in future.After marri., I got more informations and tips reg. marriage matters etc only thru our IL's. No one taught me in before.But i thank u so much for ur reply.:thumbsup

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

i hope someone clarify my doubts in clearly...

1.In generally, what r all the reasons for Delayed in Pregnancy??? OTHER THAN IRREGULAR PERIODS.

2.Normally how many mths or years v will wait for Conceive or confirm pregnancy after Planning for Conceive?

3.In delayed in pregnancy and in case of regular periods,What r all the basic test should be taken in both sides ( male and female)???

7. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Delay in Pregnancy can be caused by various reasons in male and female.I will just list out the major fertility problems in male and female

For Female

Endometriosis.
    Endometriosis occurs when the tissue that is usually found only in the lining of the uterus (known as endometrial tissue) grows somewhere outside of the uterus in the abdominal and pelvic region. Endometriosis may have no symptoms, or it can cause painful intercourse and/or menstruation, and general pelvic pain. Endometriosis can be address through surgery to remove the tissue or through artificial insemination.

- Problems with ovulation.
    Some women will have either irregular ovulation or will not ovulate at all. This is usually caused by problems with hormones, and may or may not be accompanied by the absence of a period. Most women with ovulation problems can become pregnant through the use of fertility medications such as clomid or through in vitro fertilization.

- Poor egg quality.
    Some women will have eggs that have abnormalities that make it so that they can not sustain a pregnancy. This is particularly common as a woman becomes older, as the quality of her eggs will decline over time. Women with poor egg quality have fewer options, including IVF using the eggs of a donor.

- PCOS.
    Short for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, PCOS is among the most common of causes of infertility. PCOS can cause a variety of problems, from a delay in conception to higher miscarriage rates to complications with pregnancy. For some women, the first symptoms of PCOS are that they are having very few or even no periods. Women with PCOS can often be treated successfully through the use of fertility medications such as Clomid. Some women are also successful using Metformin (Glucophage) to help regulate ovulation.

- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes.
    This will prevent sperm from getting to the egg to be fertilized, and will also prevent the fertilized egg from getting to your uterus. Fallopian tube problems can often be resolved surgically.

These are just a few of the most common fertility problems in women. If you are having problems with fertility, you should contact your health care provider who can help determine what the cause might be, as well as how best to treat it.

Apart from that poor health,diabetes,not timed intercource,thyroid problems etc.,so many are there

Fifty percent of fertility problems that couples experience are cause by a problem with male fertility. There are several things that can cause fertility problems in men. Some of the most common can include low sperm motility, low sperm count, abnormal sperm, sperm allergies, and varicocele.

If sperm do not move forward and at a reasonable rate, conception is much less likely to occur. This is referred to as low sperm motility. Low sperm mobility can be caused by hormonal changes, medications, drug use, alcohol use, excessive caffeine, smoking, and testicular injury. IN addition, sperm motility can be affected by temperature. If the temperature of the testicles is too high, sperm motility is reduced. This can be caused by hot tubs, saunas, heated waterbeds, or even the wearing of tight underwear and tight pants.

If a man’s semen does not contain a sufficient number of sperm, he has a low sperm count. Low sperm count can be caused by many of the same things that can cause low sperm motility: hormonal changes, medications, drug use, alcohol use, excessive caffeine, smoking, testicular injury, and testicular overheating are all risk factors.

Having a high number of sperm that are not shaped correctly can affect fertility. In addition to the above causes, exposure to chemicals and heavy metals can cause abnormal sperm.

There have been documented cases of sexually active men and women that can develop “sperm antibodies” that can impair sperm functions. This is often called a sperm “allergy”. In these instances, the solution is almost always assisted reproduction such as IVF or IUI.

There are several causes of fertility problems in men. They include:

* obstructive problems (blockages in sperm-carrying tubes)
    * testicular injury and disease
    * varicocele
    * sperm disorders
    * genetic disorders
    * problems with erection) and ejaculation
    * hormonal problems
    * general medical disorders that reduce fertility
    * drugs that reduce fertility
    * environmental toxins and radiation.

iamsrihere likes this.
  8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

To the couple who are in 20's, they can wait 6 months to 1 year before running into infertility thoughts. Most couple will become pregnant if they share good married life journey or if their infertility shows up!

There are so many issues that contribute in infertility... For women tubal conditions, uterus conditions, cysts, fibroids, hormonal imbalance & so many things... For men sperm related issues! There is unexpained infertility too!

For women, follicular study, hormonal study, HSG are the first levels. For men, semen analysis & blood test on some hormones! These are the primaries to infertility detection!

9. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

I have got regular periods Ooviya but still i have got Endometriosis and chocolate cyst on the ovaries.So its a problem for me in getting pregnant.My husbands sprem count is normal ,all others are normal but motility is little less than normal.My hysband is a passive smoker(Once in a week or so),he left smoking and started drinking more water and eat healthy,the motility improved greatly.

Basic Test for Women

1.Thyroid
    2.Sugar
    3.Hormone Tests
    4.HSG - For Fallopian tube
    5.Ultrasound Scan - to check normal functioning of Ovaries,Uterus,Liver,Kidney.

For Men

1.Thyroid
    2.BP
    3.Sugar
    4.Semen Analysis - Depending on the results further tests will be taken.(If it is abnormal which means low sperm count,low motility,high abnormality etc., they will investigate further to see what caused this - Like Varicosel disease,kidney poor function etc.,).

Mostly doctor will first order Semen analysis and then take further test if required.

10. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

I have a friend where both of the reports (she and her husband's) report were normal still they couldn't conceive - its called unexplained fertility.Stress is the main culprit for not getting pregnant.