cervical check in 39th week was painful.. worried abt delivery pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shashiprp, Dec 18, 2011.

1. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

hi All,

I am just impatiently waiting for my little one to arrive and my due date is just 1 week from now. I had cervical check in 39th week and that was extremely painful. i was literally shouting when doctor was checking... I had similar cervical check in 20th week but that one was easy...

Now i am worried how will i manage my delivery pain... is cervical check so painful in the last 2 weeks before delivery ? Will induction of labor after due date be painful ? For me i have no signs of labor and might probably end up having labor induction..

Please suggest

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes vaginal checks late in pregnancy when every thing is ready may trigger your water breaking or the onset of labor. Don't worry about it but stay aware of your situation as you might be starting birth process. Is there some reason you think you are going to be induced? Don't borrow trouble....just assume all lwill be well unless they tell you otherwise. If you are worried about pain, let the doctor set up pain management drugs. When you get fully in the birthing process, your mind will be on that work and not on a host of other thoughts.