Celebrating Good to Read Forum - IL 10th Anniversary Celebration - Day 2/10

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by IL_Admin, Mar 20, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Periamma for mentioning myname

2. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Good to Read forum is like a magnet which keeps attracting me to IL over and over. I really value the three moderators @priyasrini @chillbreeze @lampdeepa for having brought back the book club concept. So even during the difficult times in life, reading a good book makes it all the more better. Kudos to these three ladies..!!!

3 people like this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I login to IL regularly only when my multiple jobs and projects are in a lean phase :)

But I have traveled the journey of Indusladies in the last 10 years !!

I started with Recipes and Foods of @Chitvish and @Krishnaamma and traveled through parenting and toddlers and schoolgoers and Relationships !!

As we get older, our emotional and life phases changes - and now I have started to discover other forums like Snippets and good to read - in another couple of years I'll be moving to Teenagers forums too ;-)

I'm still absorbing the knowledge and wisdom and experiences of people !!!

Kudos to @Induslady - You have brought a platform where every woman (and man) could find and share immense wisdom !

When I do login to Good to Read
    I enjoy the spiritual wisdom and flow of words of @Viswamitra - even if I would have understood and felt the same feelings about the topic, I couldnt put it in written form with so much eloquence and simplicity too!!!

I love to read @jayasala42 - her posts have so much "gyaana" - knowledge - especially when she responds to the posts of @Viswamitra ! The combination is just explosive !

@iyerviji - whatever she writes, whichever forum, whichever post she visits and gives feedback on - it feels as if she is pouring out her love and blessings on us - with her and @Chitvish on Indusladies I no longer talk to my mom as frequently as before
    :hide:

I enjoy the humor in the posts of @satchidananda @Akanksha1982 @Kamalji
    @satchi is simply hilarious and @Akanksha1982 and @Kamalji post about current affairs, the current world and make fun of it in such an elegant and non-controversial manner

4 people like this.
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I would like to add the responses of @Laks09 and @Shanvy and @Saisakthi in this post of mine - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/268089-extras-by-women.html

So inspiring and motivating !

If there's some rule that my own thread cannot be tagged here, admins can feel free to delete this post !

A woman is multifaceted and a multi-tasker - we have a 1000 names for Sakthi swaroopa in the Lalitha Sahasranaama - and we see so many facets of the Goddess in this thread and all the responses prove that - Every woman is an avatar of Goddess Durga!

6 people like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

It is a great delight being member of IL .There are popular writers like S/ Shri viswamitra. Balajee, kamalJi, Iyer Voji, Srama, GG, Akanksha, Surya kala, Pushpa and many writers.The responses are so good and many occasions the figure exceeds 100.
    Just as in a necklace,the design, colour of the stone, workmanship, polish everything is important, in snippets we have varieties- rich content, luxury in, expression, simplicity, open mindedness, devotion and faith- sometimes negligible things such a crow on the window sill or a scar on the cheek,or the mindset of giving and asking for donation are seated on a bid pedestel.
    In every snippet we have something to pick up-either fact, morals,or politics or poetry,emotion or humour, relaxation or entertainment.That much variety we can't get anywhere relieving the montony.Everyexperience presents both positive/negative sides-how to be and how not to be-without assigning the name-(instructions to follow'Knowingly or unknowingly each writer becomes a guru in some respect or other at least to one reader.That is the success of the snippet column.
    There are equally interesting features under other columns too, but do not seem to have wider readership for reasons unknown.

Jayasala 42

4 people like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There is one highly accomplished writer who is indeed a multifaceted personality. I am surprised that no mention has been made of him in the first two days! His sense of humour is without parallel. His descriptive ability is better than that of many professional writers. I have great pleasure in presenting to you
    OJAANTRIK

Some of his delightful threads are:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/30417-the-dog-and-i.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/44929-a-toothy-tale.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/262103-kamala-bastralaya.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/234672-opera-rivals.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...86540-lawrence-olivier-richard-iii-utpal.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/79622-anti-clockwise-verma.html

These are just a few selected randomly but I assure you that everything that he writes is a must read!
    Sri

12 people like this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,
    The growth of IL is mind boggling. Hough I joined in the initial stage I was not much active. Slowly I started writing and I was encouraged by chitvish, Mr Cheeniya, varalotti, and others.
    I consider these people as pillars of IL.

I admired the writings of shanvy and Vyasa, Mr Ojantrik, rvnachar, sudha narasimhan , Devika Menon, Sunkan, sathya, Manju Reddy,periamma and many others .

Now I admire the writings of Mr Viswa for connecting any matter to spiritualism, Jaya who I consider as an encyclopedia,Viji, who has become mother for all youngsters with her posts and interaction, Kamalji,and Balaji for analyzing the current affairs and writing witty posts on the basis of them and GG also. Among the youngsters rgs, Sabitha, Akanksha, chillbreeze,hrastro and there are many others. Sorry if I have left out any names.

Thanks to the founders and all those who strive to make this site wonderful.

PS

11 people like this.
  8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks to IL and to the dear readers who have mentioned my name too.
    IL had been a platform of a sort to me and I felt encouraged to post anything that I could think of, be it what I experienced to what I perceive.

Cheeniya, Sabitha, ManjuReddy, Oojantrik, Satchi, Kamalji - are just a few of those whom I always tend to follow and read, for their delightful posts. And Viswamitra, IyerViji, PS madam and Jayasala madam are the others who definitely add more to my knowledge.

Regards,
    RG Srinivasan

3 people like this.
  9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ok here I am again with the poetry section:)

These are few poets of IL. Who entertain us all with beautiful poems
    @Scorpio707 @GoogleGlass @rgsrinivasan @Angelin @Angellic @parineetha @Sriniketan @Shanvy @DevikaMenon and a few others which I will leave it to our friends to add they names.

8 people like this.
  10. ahtinani

ahtinani Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Happy 10th Anniversary to all IL.As am very new to IL,this is 1st anniversary that am celebrating with you all.Feeling very happy.As name suggest 'Good to Read',it is very pleasant to read all the threads.It's my very favorite forum in IL.Here only I got to know
    that really many are purely talented and having nice platform to showcase all that.

Am just exploring all the past and present post,hope ll bring a big list of favorite IL in next anniversary.A special mention to Catgol,who pushed me to this forum by her writing.